WAG 8 yo L7 vaulting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Also, I meant to ask before but what is this vault called? My wife and I still aren't up on all the terminology and names for all the stuff these young ladies do.

I watched a L8 meet the other day, most of them did nothing nearly as amazing as this vault. Several did this vault but not even as well as your dd. Some even did just plain old handsprings! Of course their start value was only 9. She looks great!

Finally... a parent brag of a talented young child who actually has technique and coaching to back it up. Because we just love seeing a 6 year old fling back saltos and another eight year old do 1 1/4 plus cheat 3/4 twists on floor.

Also, I meant to ask before but what is this vault called? My wife and I still aren't up on all the terminology and names for all the stuff these young ladies do.

That's a Yurchenko vault. Not sure if it was a piked layout, or an open pike, but outstanding either way.

WOW!!! She is amazing and you must be unbelievably proud!!
Proudest moment for me was when she came off the bars when doing her handstand at the meet her gym hosts. She shook it off, got back up there, did a nice handstand and finished her routine to still score a 9.050. She then turned in solid performances on the beam and floor to finish 2nd AA by .05. She doesn't understand right now because of her age but I was more proud of her for overcoming the adversity in her bars routine than all the first place finishes.

Proudest moment for me was when she came off the bars when doing her handstand at the meet her gym hosts. She shook it off, got back up there, did a nice handstand and finished her routine to still score a 9.050. She then turned in solid performances on the beam and floor to finish 2nd AA by .05. She doesn't understand right now because of her age but I was more proud of her for overcoming the adversity in her bars routine than all the first place finishes.
Somehow, I find that easy to believe....:):cool:.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back