Parents Angry Coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mahdancer

Proud Parent
My Level 6 daughter does not want to go to practice because of how one of her coaches treats her. She used to always love going, but not any more due to being very scared of this one coach.
My daughter has a fear of new, higher level skills her coach wants her to do. If my daughter doesn't attempt them, her coach gets angry with her. She told her that she is the least coachable athlete she's had in 15 years. Her coach also told her to leave early before practice was over because of this.
When my daughter asks for help or a spot with the new skill, this coach refuses. She says she should have the skill by now. These skills are not even in any of her level 6 events.
I emailed her coach about my concern, and she has not responded. It's so upsetting because we've never had this problem and been with the gym for 10 years.

We have a similiar issue with one of our coaches. In fact she rarely coaches our girls anymore and yesterday at the meet she was there and the girls were completely stressed out and as a result didn't do as well as they usually do. It's sad to me when coaches are not motivating and understand that this sport requires so much mental focus. I hope your concerns get heard the right way and you get some resolve. What keeps my girls going is the fact that there are 4 other awesome coaches she can work with.

That makes me angry. Coaches can be firm but motivating and encouraging while still giving corrections and helping a gymnast get better at skills. Is there a head coach you can talk to about this? Or send another email to the coach asking to set up 10-15 minutes of her time to talk or else you'll take your concerns to a head coach? I would say, you want to work it out with the regular coach but if she's going to be unresponsive and you've been there for 10 years, they know you. Not easy... I hope things look up for your gymmie. Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back