Annual Judge's Cup in Indianapolis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has anyone ever been to this meet? Right now our gym is deciding on 3 different states to do a big meet in. This one is scheduled for January 6th - 8th and wondering if anyone has ever done it and if so what are your opinions?

Blazing -

First thing about this meet - it rotates around the country every year so previous versions may not be a good predictor of upcoming experience. Second thing - this is really two meets in one; one part of this is the National Level 7 Judges Cup meet made up of Level 7 qualifiers from various states making up thier State team. The second part of this meet is a regular compulsory and optional meet with levels 4 (?) thru 10 (elite?).

Our gym typically goes every year wherever it is held; last year it was Phoenix. My DD qualified to our State team so she was in that competition. The rest of our optional team competed in the other part of the meet for the other levels. I believe the meet will be on our schedule this year as well.

The running of the meet depends almost entirely on local folks; last year in Phoenix it was a little disjointed but a good meet in the end. They have the typical vendors and such so the girls have a chance to get some "memories."

Good Luck.

We went to the one in Kentucky 2 years ago. That particular one was pretty disorganized. My DD had over 1 1/2 hour wait between vault & bars rotations! Also, the scoring was pretty hard. If I remember correctly, they used a 5 judge panel, and it was almost like they were trying to outdo each other with the deductions. But remember...each one is probably different. We go to Circle of Stars in Indianapolis every year, and that is a great, very well-run meet. If those people are involved in this meet, it will be in good hands.

Thanks for your input. Yea it was mentioned that it's going to be a 4 panel judge. We have to have our vote in by next week. The one with the lowest votes will get thrown out and then we will decide on the other 2.

I agree with the other poster about Circle of Stars - it is a great meet - and it is free for spectators - that would be my vote if you are considering it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back