Parents Anyone have size Child Large Leos they dont need?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The message from the non-president left me more confused.

Also I'm not certain they're aware that you can't close a post on facebook. They can delete it but not sure which looks worse for them, leaving it up, or taking it down.

And they still aren't saying whether its a gym fundraiser or not. But if you scroll back thru the posts, they've collected hundreds of Leo's from elite and college gymnast, many of which would be valuable to fans. I mean, do you just sell Jordan Wieber or Elizabeth Price's Leo's to someone for $16.00? And anyone can buy the Leo's. it has nothing to do with financial situation.

Every awful story begins with "we were on beam and..."

If they didn't say they were a charity I don't think anyone would take issue with what they're doing. Level9Mom, you're right, you'd think they'd post pictures of leos they've given away or sold, or something!

Their About Me on FB is interesting, and probably more accurate than anything else said: We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization who collects gently used gymnastics leotards.

They don't say anything in that line about what they do with them after collection!

How about if we just skip the leos and just get together and drink wine! We can make some s'mores while we're at it. No dog chocolate!

PS, to the OP... so sorry your innocent little question turned into all this!

If they didn't say they were a charity I don't think anyone would take issue with what they're doing. Level9Mom, you're right, you'd think they'd post pictures of leos they've given away or sold, or something!

Their About Me on FB is interesting, and probably more accurate than anything else said: We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization who collects gently used gymnastics leotards.

They don't say anything in that line about what they do with them after collection!

The thing about "charities" is that anyone with a 501c3 is a "charity". Many organizations have a 591c3 status, but would not fit most people's definition of a "charity".

i have learned that you really need to research any organization that claims to be a charitable organization, because you would be horrified at the ways that some of them utilize the funds that they obtain. There are obviously some good charities, but there are MANY that are shady, to say the least.

You send me leos, I send you wine. You send me lots of leos, I deliver the wine and drink it with you!!! What could be more perfect? Bog's Leos for Wine Exchange open for business.

That's my kinda charity;)

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

How about if we just skip the leos and just get together and drink wine! We can make some s'mores while we're at it. No dog chocolate!

PS, to the OP... so sorry your innocent little question turned into all this!

Now remind me again, a smores is ? :D;):D

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

this has turned into a VERY interesting thread! If I ever need investigators I know where to turn ;).

Seriously though, my fear is that this person/organization is collecting these leos and then selling the more profitable items (autographs and famous gymnasts leos) on ebay or the like, selling the rest in her pro shop, giving a few away to make it look good (I see lots of info on how to donate your own leos, no forms or info on how to go about filing to become a recipient of these leos). Apparently, they are more concerned with getting the leos, not so much on making sure the leos donated go to the needy. Also these receipts.....Bookworm was offered no receipt and no "gym credit". The whole credit thing is bogus. 501(c)3 status is either there or not.....what is this explanation of waiting 5 yrs? I've never heard of status being in an infancy and they have to wait 5yrs. Either you have 501(c)3 or you don't. And as someone else said, you can't stockpile from year to year. If you are keeping the profits from year to year --- you are NOT a non-profit! The organization doesn't just claim to be "charitable" (I can claim charitable myself...I give my dd's leos away all the time) but specifically states they are 501(c)3.

The fact that the only picture of a child getting a package is of a girl receiving a leo that is from the President's own club (not one of these famous gymnasts' leos) is weird. Where are all of these hundreds of leos going? Looking at the FB page, she's collected hundreds! and from some very well known gymnasts.

I like the way she says that there are costs involved in storing them correctly - you means my daughter has been doing it wrong all this time by shoving them under her bed and behind her toy boxes ?

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back