WAG Anyone in Orlando learning the new routines?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Body waves do have benefits.

For those gymnasts who are in a gymnastic program that emphasis good shaping, the gymnasts spend a lot of time with there upper thoracic spine area curved into dish and rounded shapes in many skills/transitions. The body waves provide a nice counter movement to all the concave shapes a gymnast make and can help to balance the body out. Plus they can look nice when done well :)

It is quite hilarious watching them trying to learn . A great reminder to coaches how the kids feel every year!

Those are video from new level 4. Although 5 has a very similar routine. (For those who were wondering which level).
And that was day two. We were all looking crazy on day one then realized how sore we got so day two was more reserved! :)

Well I heard I guess the level 2 music whatever routine has the round off backward run and it's GAWD AWFUL! It has glittery fairy sound effects I thought I was going to vomit! How many years do we have this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My daughter saw a video of the new Level 3 (old L4) routine today and said that the music sounded like fairy music and that she thinks there is too much ballet. She doesn't care much for it. I'm hoping that she'll like it better once she actually starts learning it.

My dd actually started working on the new level 5 routines today, I guess because it was fresh in their coaches head. The bars and vault are the same. There is a lot of 5 th position, releve, balancing and optional poses on floor. It is more flowing, balletish and more confusing says my dd.

I just got back.. I have to say I really like the routines. They are very artistic and do have many ballet positions and moves. I couldnt wait to get in to coach it tonight. They did suggest teaching it slowly and having lots of patience to teach the moves correctly.

My dd also started working the routines last night. All the girls and coaches are excited! She didn't hear any of the floor music, just worked shapes, skills, positions and little pieces.

My daughter said the coaches showed all the girls (compulsories and optionals) the new routines and they all like them. Said they're very pretty, but doubt that the body wave will go well!

When I walked in with DD, the first thing the coach did is look at me, laugh, and say she was SO glad that she didn't have to teach my DD the new routines! That must mean it is very dance heavy and very complicated!

Dd's team started learning L5 beam tonight! Much prettier, with more ballet-ish moves. Definitely tougher balance-wise, IMO, though. They were pretty excited!

When I walked in with DD, the first thing the coach did is look at me, laugh, and say she was SO glad that she didn't have to teach my DD the new routines! That must mean it is very dance heavy and very complicated!
DD (no longer compulsory as of next season) said they were prettier and involved more ballet and that they flowed better. She really liked them, but said some of the girls might struggle with the dance parts.

Dd's team started learning L5 beam tonight! Much prettier, with more ballet-ish moves. Definitely tougher balance-wise, IMO, though. They were pretty excited!
My dd is also learning the level 5 beam routine. What do you think of the long balance move (8sec)? Where they hold their foot out front, move to the side, move into scale, then aresbesque? I think that will be harder then the bow/bhs/er. I am also concerned, but maybe I shouldn't be, that those skill are done so early in the routine. The poses are definitely prettier. The whole routine is much nicer!

My dd is also learning the level 5 beam routine. What do you think of the long balance move (8sec)? Where they hold their foot out front, move to the side, move into scale, then aresbesque? I think that will be harder then the bow/bhs/er. I am also concerned, but maybe I shouldn't be, that those skill are done so early in the routine. The poses are definitely prettier. The whole routine is much nicer!

Hopefully they are doing arabesque THEN scale ;) My kids started this on Monday night and had no issues.

DD came home from practice tonight and said "I am SO glad I am not a level 4! The music is awful! When they started playing it in the gym today we all put our hands over our ears!" Oh my!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back