WAG Anyone know of Womens meets in the Northeast with L9 - L10 Even Finals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Stormy

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Hi there.......
Our gym has suddenly realized that one of the meets they planned on attending for the Level 9s and 10s no longer has event finals so we need some quick info on meets in the Northeast with Event Finals. Does anyone have suggestions? Meet can be for Women, and both Men and Women is a plus.

In Connecticut, Team Challenge by Gymnastics Revolution and Heartland Classic by New Image Gymnastics off the top of my head. These are only women's comp.

In Connecticut, Team Challenge by Gymnastics Revolution and Heartland Classic by New Image Gymnastics off the top of my head. These are only women's comp.
Thanks , I will check into the heartland ... It was the team challenge that changed its format last year so it longer has level 9 and 10 event finals

Thanks , I will check into the heartland ... It was the team challenge that changed its format last year so it longer has level 9 and 10 event finals

We are going to Team Challenge this season. Wonder why they changed their format? Too bad.

We are going to Team Challenge this season. Wonder why they changed their format? Too bad.

The event finals at Team Challenge was replaced by a "whole team challenge event" where one gymnast per level per event from levels 3-10 competes .....and your team is charged $750 for the privilege of competing in that event...we didn't stay for that...they should bring back the event finals for 9s and 10s because the scuttlebutt at the meet was that people didn't like the new format..

Dream Big Invite also has event finals ...I think it's a newer meet.

Thanks. I will look into that. Have you gone to that meet before, and if so what are the pros and cons?

The event finals at Team Challenge was replaced by a "whole team challenge event" where one gymnast per level per event from levels 3-10 competes .....and your team is charged $750 for the privilege of competing in that event...we didn't stay for that...they should bring back the event finals for 9s and 10s because the scuttlebutt at the meet was that people didn't like the new format..

We use to go to the Team Challenge because of the Level 9 and 10 Event finals.........it was great gymnastics for the teams to see even if no one from your team made it. I think they ruined the meet by changing the format and in addition to the price per team, they only allow about 8-10 teams to participate and they invite them to participate based on how many years they attended the meet in a row. So if you have gone 5-10 years in a row you might get invited to participate in what they now call the Team Challenge........We won't go again unless they bring back the Level 9 and 10 Event finals.

I just found the Dream Big Invite on-line and it would have been a perfect meet for us, but it is already full!!!!!!Thanks for suggesting it.....sad it is full, but maybe next year we can enter in april or something! What gives with all the meets filling up earlier and earlier these days anyway??????

Thanks. I will look into that. Have you gone to that meet before, and if so what are the pros and cons?
Yes but dd was a L7 so it was a few years ago. I can't say about the event finals but every girl who stuck their beam routine got a metal and it's a big venue. I forget what the gift was. You can look on YouTube to see what it's like . This year it's a Nastia Liukin qualifier so that should add to the excitement.

" gymnastics on the grand " in Grand Rapids, MI. Early December. Not northeast but north, although harder to travel to by air, being 2hrs from Detroit airport. But, Good meet on the larger side.

Not really in the Northeast, more mid, but not be too far depending on where you are - Capital Cup on Maryland.

Not really in the Northeast, more mid, but not be too far depending on where you are - Capital Cup on Maryland.
I've been to the Capital Cup before, but don't remember event finals and don't see event finals listed on their site?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back