WAG Australian Gymnastics questions!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

Hi all, I feel like I haven't been on here for an eternity. Was just reminiscing through older threads that I had started. The use of paragraphs and capitals in my threads from 2009 are definitely not evident :eek:. All I can say is that I was 13 :rolleyes:. For all who remember me, I'm 16 now and a level 4 state stream gymnast. Remember all those threads of my dream to go to states? well, this year will be my third year of participating in states. Sometimes it's great to look back and see just how far you've come.

Anyway I have a few questions I would like to ask. Aussie coaches do your best to answer ;)

In the handbook this year it states that in level 4 a bonus skill is to complete a backward extension roll to front support. I'm curious as to whether the gymnast is supposed to hit handstand and then fall into a front support shape or is it similar to USAG level 4 in that the gymnast goes straight back into front support? My coaches are still trying to figure it out, books can be challenging lol.

Does anyone know what the level 4 state stream 'B' value mount options are?

Also does anyone know what the deductions here in AUS for being late (finishing after the music) are?

Thanks guys, I hope you are all safe and well...

You need to be aware that you are not asking about gymnastics in Australia, but you are asking about gymnastics in your state. The Australian gymnastics system does not have a state stream. But each individual state may choose to put together a state stream for those who may not cope with the national stream.

So what is the go in your state will be different to other states.

Having said that. The back extension roll to front support does not need to go to handstand. It is the same as the USAG one and goes straight to front support.

In Australia when they say a B value mount we don't have our own personal code. They are talking about the international FIg code. Examples of a B value mount include - press to handstand, jump to cartwheel mount, jump 1/2 turn off a board, stoop through to Russian sit. Really I would not bother. The B value mounts are worth a bonus of 0.2 and they are very risky. When you can just do a really simple mount and have 0.2 less in your start value and not have such risk on the first move in your routine.

0.3 if you finish after the music.

Last edited:
I'm of same opinion when it comes to mounts, get on the beam as quickly and easily as possible. Better off working on a handstand hold for 2 seconds and then 180 degree split leap/jump (I'm pretty sure that's bonus) and i'm fairly sure you can have max of 0.4 bonus in level 4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back