WAG Back Handspring on beam :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mmgymnast

Gymnast
I am terrified of back handsprings on beam.:eek: I used to be really good at them on the high beam, but I have a mental block:mad: Every time my coach tells me to do them, I just act like I didn't hear her. I really want to move up though, and this is the last skill I need. I only have until August to get it:(Anyone have tips/motivation??

Go back to the basics. Start on a line, then the floor beam with mats, without mats, medium beam with mats, with out and so on. Keep on each step until you can practically do them in your sleep :)

I am not a coach but I have seen this work very well with kids with fears in our gym.

Go back to the basics. Start on a line, then the floor beam with mats, without mats, medium beam with mats, with out and so on. Keep on each step until you can practically do them in your sleep :)

I am not a coach but I have seen this work very well with kids with fears in our gym.

I asked DD for her advice and she recommended something similar. Will your coach not spot you? DD emphasized talking to your coach about it.

I asked DD for her advice and she recommended something similar. Will your coach not spot you? DD emphasized talking to your coach about it.
Yes. My coach will spot me but I still get scared. Although since evry practice I start on floor beam and work my way up, it has been helping. Thanks! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back