Backwards Mental Block

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Since level 6 I've had an on and off fear of going backwards. I'm a level 8 now, and am tired of not being able to do skills i could do by myself 2 years ago. I'll do RO BHS Back Layouts and twists on the tumble track, but only on floor if my coach stands there or i have a four inch mat to land on. In level 7 i did backhandsprings on beam, but always with a coach standing there. Now I've been doing round offs and front handsprings to substitute for the backhandspring because i'm scared to do it by myself. Has anyone had thiis problem or know how to solve it?

I have had the fear of my back tuck and the only thing stopping me is my head. For some reason i need to have the coach there. I think i am over it but, instead of thinking of the bad things that could happen, you need to think about how cool it is what you can do or everytime you think of it picture your self doing it by your self. I have had lots of people telling me i can do it by myself, for some reason it isnt always working. I am getting closer to being over the fear. I had a coach from another gym tell me that her girls would get two bags and some rocks and things you liked about gymnastics went in one and things they had trouble with went in the other. Once they solved those problems they got to put it in the good bag. You could try that. Hope i could help :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back