Beam dance

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Provincials are coming up and I need to get rid of all the extra space in my beam routine! Right now I do: middle spilts mount, fluff, full turn, pose, cartwheel to handstand step down, pivot, step lunge pose, spilt jump tuck jump, walk, pose, BWO (sometimes BWO-BWO), squat pivot, walk to end, back tuck dismount (soon to be BWO-BT).

Boring eh? Making up routines aren't my forte, and I have way too much walking down the beam and not actual dance! I've been placing pretty well on beam but I've been getting the artistry deduction EVERY TIME. We're also only allowed one standing pivot turn(or else it's a deduction) so I need to get rid of one. Help!?

In our gym, we choreograph our own beam routines, no buts-ands-or-ors. She is also very busy helping everyone polish up for Provimcials and doesn't really have time to do up a new beam routine!

Someone mentioned in another thread to look at your floor routine and pull dance out of that.
You could also try doing grapevine instead of just walking then pose. To get rid of extra half turns do a quater turn, pose, quarter turn. Also, do you ave a friend who could critiques and brainstorm your routine with you? I bet you could make both of your routines better by working together.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back