WAG Beam flight level 9/10

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oldgymmom

Proud Parent
DD has B+B+C (BHS+BHS+BLO) for flight on beam. She thinks the b+b+c is .3 bonus, however if I am looking at the code of points correctly for triple flight I think only .10 which seem so low. Is it worth it? Need help please.

Not 100% but a bhs bhs blo does not have a .3 bonus. It is as you state a .10. Having a triple series alone does not give you a bonus. It depends on the skills they are connecting. A b+c is a .1 bonus and a c+c is .2. So your daughter's triple gets no bonus for the bhs bhs (b+b) but gets a .1 bonus for the bhs blo (b+c). If your daughter had a bhs blo blo (b+c+c) she'd get a .3 bonus. That's .1 for the b+c and .2 for the c+c.

DD has B+B+C (BHS+BHS+BLO) for flight on beam. She thinks the b+b+c is .3 bonus, however if I am looking at the code of points correctly for triple flight I think only .10 which seem so low. Is it worth it? Need help please.

I think it is worth practicing it. Bhs leads to layouts. If she gets pretty proficient in that bhs bhs blo, she can easily transition to a bhs blo blo and get that .3 bonus. A fairly easy triple series to get a .3 is switch split switch split split jump (c+c+b).

And a triple series is only "worth it" if you nail it 110% of the time...if you confidently land BHS/BLO all the time , and BHS/BHS/BLO 50-75% of the time, not worth the risk...you lose at least the .5 for the fall to start ...not to say it's not worth training it to get it more consistent though

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back