Parents Beth's surgery went well

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

She came out of the OR at 12:15 and we discharged from the hospital by 1:30! The nurses were amazed at how well she did on crutches--uh, she's a gymnast and has fairly good balance ;). Doing well getting around home--she stopped by the gym on Saturday and will go Monday to work out (conditioning--obviously). Her one coach told her they still want her to compete level 9 this year, so Beth is very excited about that. Her doctor still says 4 weeks before she's "back at it" so I'm hoping that is true--otherwise Beth will NOT be a happy camper!

Monday she'll be back at school too--I imagine I'll have a tired girl after school all day, then gymnastics for a few hours!

Now that is good news. I am sure it is god timing that xmas is hitting now and she will get break from school and gym will have some down time. Glad the gym is being so supportive.

I've been checking to find out how the surgery went! Glad it went well and she's being such a trooper! She may come home from school with VERY SORE armpits from the crutches!!! The double wrapped dishtowels sometimes help!

I'm glad her gym is being very supportive of her as well. That makes a big difference in the mental recovery!

Keep us posted... I want to hear how her first day back to school goes!

So glad that the surgery went very well and that her hopes of competing level 9 are not dashed! I'm sure that it will be a LONG 4 weeks, so sending you "don't pull out your hair" fairies, lol.

Glad to hear the good news. Did they have to put the pins in? My 2nd dd broke her elbow and in the OR they did not have to pin it they did closed reduction. Hope she heals fast.

Glad to hear the good news. Did they have to put the pins in? My 2nd dd broke her elbow and in the OR they did not have to pin it they did closed reduction. Hope she heals fast.

They put one pin in--on the 2nd bone. he said the other two pulled into position once that was fixed. So far she's doing well--lasted all day at school on Monday and about 2 hrs at gymnastics that night. :)

Glad to hear it went ok and that she is doing well.

I will keep her in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear the surgery went well. It also sounded like a good day at school and practice.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

Keep us posted... ;)

Glad to hear all went well. 4 weeks will probably seem like an eternity to her! I hope she's back working those level 9 skills on schedule!

Glad to hear all went well for her. I am sure it will seem long but she will heal fast. Thank goodness for Christmas in that 4 weeks spread that will help!

Glad to hear her surgery went well! Sending her lots of heal fast fairies so she can be back as fast as safely possible. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back