WAG Bonus

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wallinbl

Proud Parent
For 9 & 10, bonus makes up part of the scoring, with start values being lower than 10, and gymnasts requiring some combination of skills to "bonus" back up to 10.0. At a basic level, I get it. What happens when there's a start value of 9.5, but the gymnast has a total of 0.6 in bonus? Start value is still 10.0, but can the extra 0.1 of bonus make up for 0.1 of deductions?

9.5 , with 0.6 of bonus. 10.0 start value. 0.4 in deductions. Is the score 9.6 (10.0 - 0.4), or is it 9.7 (9.5 - 0.4 + 0.6)?

Is that treated differently than the 10.0 vaults that get an extra 0.1 of bonus?

No, you can only have a 10.0 start value so in level 9 only .3 in bonus and .5 for level 10 any more doesn't count for anything. But, missing a connection is common so having an extra couple tenths can count if you miss one of your expected bonus points.

Example on the switch leap back tuck on beam, if you move a toe a millimeter between those two skill then no bonus so if you had extra somewhere it could make it up.

For vault certain vaults simple have a 10.1 start value as a bonus for difficulty. Not really a bonus like the other events.

Good question, OP. I've been wondering about this too. I so don't understand all the bonus stuff.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back