Parents Bruised Hips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

My oldest dd has been spending more time on the bar lately and had got some bruises on each hip as a result from doing casts, it is normal for this to happen and is there anything I can do to help her?

On the upside dd as been told that she needs to have gloves, straps, wristbands and hand guards, dd's hands are small so it will be interesting to see if they can get any to fit her.

perfectly normal, especially if they are skinny minis with no flesh on the bones.

her coach will measure her for handguards and then either send you a bill or get you to order them, its a skill getting the right size so let her coach measure her.

Oh yes, totally normal! When my gymmies was working on certain skills (front hip circle was the worst bruiser I think) she had lots of nasty looking bruises on her hips. Parents of other gymmies commented on her working hard and smiled,
clueless parents thought it was terrible...

Dd will be measured up for her grips and I will get the bill lol, As we have finished competitions for the year they are working towards NDP grades for next April.

Going back to the bruised hips, will shorts help or will it make no difference?

Great news - so she is doing 14 in April ? P&F is doing 12 on Sunday (if her wrist is better).

Shorts (especially velour ones) will give her that bit more padding, just check they are allowed them as at P&F's old club the primary school girls were not allowed shorts.

Great news - so she is doing 14 in April ? P&F is doing 12 on Sunday (if her wrist is better).

Shorts (especially velour ones) will give her that bit more padding, just check they are allowed them as at P&F's old club the primary school girls were not allowed shorts.

I think you might have got my dd's muddled up, its my oldest dd that is doing the NDP grades, she has been working on the Range and Conditioning stuff and level 8 for the other stuff, she is doing disability NDP, the range and conditioning for levels 10,9,8,7 and 6 is:

Forward roll to lie flat.
Pull knees to Chest, rock back, forward, back to shoulder stand and hold.
Knees to chest, roll forwards to straddle sit, fold towards Japana.
Push to straddle sit, move into splits (any)
Move to long sit, lie back to dish, hold 1 second, roll to arch, hold 1 second.
Press to front support, jump to crouch.
From crouch, immediate stretch jump, immediate star jump.

Levels 5,4 and 3 range and conditioning is similar to grade 14 without the bench part.

If dd's group do well they might be going to the British championships at the end of next year in Newcastle.

Back to the bar thing, dd is allowed to wear shorts so will get her to wear them to her next session and see if it helps

Still great news, that the trouble with multiple daughters lol, you will have to do what I do with my boys - I have "Big Boy" and "Little Lad", mind you give it a year and I think Little lad will be taller than Big Boy !

Little dd is already taller than older dd despite being 3 years younger lol and both are short for their age

DD was bruising her hips and upper thighs pretty badly last year, but that's when she was really working bars a lot..... after her move up from rec. She wasn't used to the wear and tear on her hips. To her credit, she wanted to work through it and refused shorts!

perfectly normal, especorderedf they are skinny minis with no flesh on the bones.

her coach will measure her for handguards and then either send you a bill or get you to order them, its a skill getting the right size so let her coach measure her.

Dd was measured for her grips today and she is a size 25, they have to be ordered specially for her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back