Parents Can anyone recommend a good pair of dowel grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DDs coach recommends the girls use the dowel grips instead of the beginning grips and I just wondered which brands are really good, and if there are any I need to stay away from? Anyone have a site that sells them cheap? Thanks for any help! Also let me know how your girls like the difference. One gym mom told me to get the double buckles, so if one happens to come undone during competition, the other is still there to hold it in place.

Jess and her teammates have Gibson - w/ 1 buckle (no velcro) She likes it and they're holding up well

My DD has the reisport double buckle. They definitely took some getting used to, but she says they are now her best friend!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...Mike at US Glove does great work. His grips hold up for all levels.

US Glove Gymnastics Grips

We had some stretching issues with Reisport over the last couple of years.

I have heard great things about ReichelSport...

ReichelSport

My DD has the ones with the double buckles from Nastia's equipment collection. She has had them for 2 years and loves them.
She started with the velcro ones but the velcro wore out within a season. She had tried a single buckle one but didn't like it.

I'm only a parent but for my DD she says it has to be double buckle

US Glove ...Hotshot grips...my daughter is heading off to college in a year and has used the hotshots since she was 7 yo...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back