Cartwheel on beam and Kip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gracefulclutz

I am trying to move up and stay in level five but I can't seem to get my cartwheel on the beam. I have been trying on floor beams and low beams and making them but as soon as I go a little higher I don make it no matter how much I want to. The thing that really frustrates me is that I used to HAVE it! I was the 1st one on my team but now I can't make them! Arrg. Any tips? Also my Kip is driving me nuts. Any advice will be greatly apreciated thanks! :)

Fourteen days! Ouch!

Ignore this post. I posted here on accident. Whoops!

Last edited by a moderator:
:(

I am trying to move up and stay in level five but I can't seem to get my cartwheel on the beam. I have been trying on floor beams and low beams and making them but as soon as I go a little higher I don make it no matter how much I want to. The thing that really frustrates me is that I used to HAVE it! I was the 1st one on my team but now I can't make them! Arrg. Any tips? Also my Kip is driving me nuts. Any advice will be greatly apreciated thanks! :)

Ugh I sure know what it's like to lose a skill :(

What exactly is the problem that your having with your cartwheels? I couldn't really tell from your post.

With Kips, it's all about getting the momentum and body movement right. make sure you fully extend through your glide swing before you bring your toes to the bar so you don';t have to muscle it up.

You can also try lots of abb, and arm conditioning to help with you kip.

Well if you had the skill before, just remind yourself that you know you can do it. At that point, its a mental block, not something you can't do. You'll get it back tho i'm sure!

For the CW, it's about being just as aggressive on beam as on floor with it.

For the kip it's about bringing those toes to the V-position, and letting the butt rise back before pushing down on the bar. Most people try to push too early or let their legs drop as soon as they push.

What exactly is the problem that your having with your cartwheels? I couldn't really tell from your post.
[/COLOR]

I can't seem to go in a straight line and always get so close and then go totaly off the beam. I don't think it's a mental block though because I am really trying hard and wantig to do it and I'm not scared. Help! :)

also, you can make sure when you land your cartwheel you are squeezing your muscles, it will help you stay on the beam. :)

Try to keep your cartwheel slow, to control it better. On floor I always rush through my cartwheel, but if I take it slowly on beam I land it just fine! When I go fast on beam like normally, start off good but then TOTALLY miss!

I also prefer to T the 2nd hand of the CW on BB. Makes it much easier.

I GOT MY KIP!!! :)
thanks everybody who offered their advice. Keep the cartwheel advise coming though plz!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back