Competing a level higher

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
My coaches are giving me the option of competing a level higher for a meet that we are having. (It is inter-club). My parents are totally fine with it and my coaches said they are okay with either decision I make, and I feel comfertable with either level, but I just want to see you guy's opinions. I have been working verey hard to get in the level higher than me, and this is great chance, but I do want to hear some opinions. Thanks! :)

i'd definately try the higher level! it cant hurt just trying it out.. and that way youll have some experience when you move up permanetly

Absolutely try it. It sounds like fun and will be great experience. As long as you are confident in your skills, what do you have to lose?

We don't do intrasquad meets, but sometimes, during uptraining, Pickle's coach will let them have tiny little competitions against each other on the higher level skills. The girls love it. No pressure, just the opportunity to try something new.

Its actually a great idea to try out the higher level at a competition like this. As its not a sanctioned comp you won't have to stay ion the level if you find you aren't quite ready. A great intro to your new level.

Sounds like a perfect chance to try out the higher level and see how you do without the stress. I'd go for it!

My coaches are giving me the option of competing a level higher for a meet that we are having. (It is inter-club). My parents are totally fine with it and my coaches said they are okay with either decision I make, and I feel comfertable with either level, but I just want to see you guy's opinions. I have been working verey hard to get in the level higher than me, and this is great chance, but I do want to hear some opinions. Thank

Why not give it a try for that one meet and see how you do? Your coaches wouldn't have suggested it if they didn't think you were ready and also it will give you some info on what you need to work on for that level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back