Parents COTC Level 6 meet videos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

I finally got around to uploading Olivia's videos from the COTC meet this past weekend. Let me know what you think! :)

Wow talk about low scoring, looks like they took an extra point off each routine for fun!!! Her bars and floor were lovely and well the vault will come along with time. Lovely leo and she has very nice form on her skills.

Netty, your Olivia and Lily could be vault and bars twins. I swear that is exactly what Lily's L6 bars look like. She will cast high on the low bar but is freaked by going into the baby giant out of a high cast on the high bar. Vault looks nearly identical to Lily's too. (UGH on vault!) I thought Olivia's floor was really nice. Her dance is great and she has beautiful lines. Seems like the scoring was really harsh at this meet. I am sure she will score much higher at the next meet. WTG Olivia!

Meg

Netty, your Olivia and Lily could be vault and bars twins. I swear that is exactly what Lily's L6 bars look like. She will cast high on the low bar but is freaked by going into the baby giant out of a high cast on the high bar. Vault looks nearly identical to Lily's too. (UGH on vault!) I thought Olivia's floor was really nice. Her dance is great and she has beautiful lines. Seems like the scoring was really harsh at this meet. I am sure she will score much higher at the next meet. WTG Olivia!

Meg

Thanks, the floor judge was very tough. I think the highest score of our session was a 9.1. I think she was a national level judge and was looking for higher tumbling skills. The artistry part of it didn't seem to matter.

Since this meet Olivia has become more aware of how she's doing things and seems to be working on really improving things. I know her goal is to take first place in the all around at a meet. That may be out of her reach but hey, you never know. :)

Olivia looked great!!! I LOVE her goal! And you know what? What a goal like that, I bet she'll really work hard and achieve it. I don't think Katy EVER set that kind of goal for herself... she'd say she'd "want to score 35 (L6) or 36 AA (L5)... but never set out to be FIRST AA!!! These kids... gotta LOVE them. Anything is possible to them.

She JUST started competing Level 6. She will polish up all the little things before too long and she will ROCK! She's got all of her tumbling skills, she needs to cast a bit higher coming out of her free hip (I learned that originally from GYMDOG!). She has a nice, high flyaway.

I actually asked Katy once last year why she can cast high from the low bar, but not from the high bar... Her answer: "it's scarier" doing that from the high bar!" HA HA HA!! Yeah, I guess you have further to fall if you don't get it!

Yikes, harsh judges. I think she is doing so great for such a young L6. She is a beautiful gymnast and I am sure she will have a great season!!

I think she did pretty good on bars and floor too.Just needs some power on that vault which will come over time.Love the Leo.
Picky picky judges.

Great videos and she did awesome:)
Sounds like she had the same type of judges Emily has had all season long. NE judges are tough as nails... let me tell you.

Scoring did seem a bit low. But it is probably similar to what we see here in MN. She is a beautiful gymnast. Nice lines great form... Love the leo!

These score looks low to me too. How did the other gymnasts' scores come out?

The scores were all around pretty low, even in the higher levels. All of our girls came down a point or more from the previous meet. I mean, Olivia took 3rd on bars with a 7.8, first was an 8.575, what does that tell you? I think the whole day for the level 6's, there were no 9s on floor and bars. The level 7's all around scores the day before were in the 34's. It was tough.

Wow, I wouldn't expect that kind of scoring for L6. I witnessed that at our first L7 meet which was exactly how it was. Kids getting low 7s on bars were hitting the podium.

Oh well... At least the judges were consistent.

If the scoring is consistent it doesn't matter. I think alot of times they don't take the deductions they should. Perhaps USAG wants everyone to tighten up. I think she did really well. Level 6 is harder and the scores won't be as high. I'm sure she will have a fabulous season whatever the scores.

The scores were all around pretty low, even in the higher levels. All of our girls came down a point or more from the previous meet. I mean, Olivia took 3rd on bars with a 7.8, first was an 8.575, what does that tell you? I think the whole day for the level 6's, there were no 9s on floor and bars. The level 7's all around scores the day before were in the 34's. It was tough.

And these are the judges we have all season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back