CPP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

catou

Coach
I just learn I'll probably coach a P2 group this season and I'm trying to understand all the requirements, as it changed since I was a gymnast myself. I read in the CPN thread that the CPP for the season was out and I was wondering if there are changes from last year? Our federation hasn't put the document on their website.

Depends on what province you are in. Lots of provinces are switching to JO this year, but some aren't.
I coached a P2 group last year, have some P2 kids again this year and am a P2 judge. So to say the least I think I have got P2 under control.
Let me know here is you want a quick run down, or send me a PM with your email and I will send it your way.
Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks to both of you! Our division had a hard time just qualifying to the provincial qualification meet this year. So let's hope we're going to have a better year.

Hawaii_gymnast, what would be the typical floor routine in that category? I'm not sure I understand the dismount bonus...

Typical floor routine around here that is competitive here is:
Round off back handspring back tuck
Front tuck round off back handspring (sometimes front handspring front tuck)
Switch leap to any other leap
Full turn (or double turn in replace of switch split)

Often though you only see one or 2 bonuses here, only 1 salto and often not a dance element.

For the dismount bonus, basically as long as you don't put a random cartwheel or back walkover or something in after their last tumbling line, you should be find assuming the last element of their tumbling line has flight. Sorry if that is find of confusing, if it still doesn't make sense I can explain more.

Thank you so much! Now I understand that dismount thing. Can't wait to start coaching... It's gonna be much more interesting than a routine with a handstand forward roll and a roundoff :D

It really is nice to see so much variety in the routines at P2. The girls will really enjoy exploring new skills. Unless the CPP has changed a lot we also saw routines that had a single skill at the end, like a front tuck or an aerial. Looks nice too.

If the Quebec version is the same as the canadian one, there's no major change this year. I'm changing gym (but not club) so I don't know the girls I'll be coaching. I have no idea of their level or the category they were in last year. Should be interesting.

@hawaii_gymnast I have another question for you! I have a girl who used to do the full turn, her jump serie, a back walk over and and cartwheel back tuck dismount. If I understand the requirements right, she's missing an acro skill right? Can the 2e acro skill be connected to the first one? Thank you so much!

Wanted to edit my message but it took too long. When a gymnast is doing a back walkover back tuck dismount, is the back walkover considered in the dismount, or is it only the back tuck? A girl doing a handstand connected to a back walkover connected to a back tuck would have all the acro requirements and maximum bonus?

@hawaii_gymnast I have another question for you! I have a girl who used to do the full turn, her jump serie, a back walk over and and cartwheel back tuck dismount. If I understand the requirements right, she's missing an acro skill right? Can the 2e acro skill be connected to the first one? Thank you so much!

This routine meets all P2 requirements:
dance series, full turn, acro (back walkover), second acro (cartwheel) and dismount (back tuck)
DV= 0.6
CR= 2.5
Bon= 0.4
SV= 3.5

No acro skill is missing, the cartwheel in the cartwheel back tuck counts as an acro. When it says excluding mount of dismount it means if they did a press handstand mount the handstand is not an acro, or if they round off dismount the round off does not count as an acro. If it starts and finished on the beam it is an acro.

Wanted to edit my message but it took too long. When a gymnast is doing a back walkover back tuck dismount, is the back walkover considered in the dismount, or is it only the back tuck? A girl doing a handstand connected to a back walkover connected to a back tuck would have all the acro requirements and maximum bonus?

Yes maximum bonus for handstand back walkover series, back walkover, and back walkover back tuck. All acro requirements are met. Assuming you add in a dance series and a full turn this routine will have full start value.

The only problem I would have with this routine is that judges (myself included) are OCD about handstands, so if her handstand is not 100% kick up and hold, the judges will question whether or not it hit handstand.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back