Different methods of stabilizing mini bar?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

emorymom

Proud Parent
Well I am swapping the metal bar I have for a Norbert's wood mini bar I just got for a good price ... but the supports are smaller than the old bar and my kids are pretty big for their ages and I would like to stabilize it some more short of bolting it to the floor.

(They will just be doing very low-level skills for fun, like level 2&3 skills, and playing.)

I thought kip extensions might be available but I don't see that there are for this model.

So I'm aware of --
(1) Bolting it to the floor. Will not even be bringing that up to husband. Not interested.
(2) The previous owner used 25 pound weight plates set on the ends of the bases.
(3) Someone suggested sandbags might be cheaper. I'm a bit worried they would spill?

Any other ideas?

I could go back to the metal bar if I don't sell it first, but it had some flaking on finish of the bar when I bought it, and if I can use this one it might be better.

i have seen people use big arm weights for beams aswell it sounds good to me :) goodluck

I think they were from the dollar store. We didn't make them any smaller - actually, its nice having a bit of room in them so you can lug them around better (we move them when setting up the floor bar on blocks, into pit, for squat-on drills). I think pillowcases would be great!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back