Parents First Meet Update 6 year old

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovofu

Proud Parent
Well, after switching gyms in Mid-Sept and starting USAG Level 4 at that point (only trained level 2 prior)...little one had her first meet on Sunday. The plan originally was to do the first meet late December but the coach thought some of the girls were ready so off we went. She had just done her ROBHS by herself on the floor last Wed and had never done the whole bar routine without a spot but the goal was a 31.5 and sectional quals.

Up first the dreaded UB needed two small spots 6.8 OMG
Next Beam....beautiful...had to redo the dismount 7.65
Floor AWESOME Great ROBHS 8.6

Well now my math isn't the best and I thought she'd need a 9.9 on vault but off she went.....9.150 YEA

2AA for 7 and unders and 2nd in all events except Bars and best of all

32.45 AA and qualified for sectionals..

I couldn't be prouder...now if I could just learn to work the camcorder :-(

I only got one of the events and don't know how to post it here but if you go to youtube and search for USAG Level 4 first meet Sophia you'll find it.

I'm glad the first one is under her belt...

:D

Wow, she did great!! What an awesome first meet. I found her YouTube video and she is sooo cute and did a beautiful floor routine. She is going to be an amazing little gymnast. :) She did the little things very well.

Congrats to her on qualifying already for sectionals!!! Glad her new gym is working so well for her. She is adorable!!! Abby was impressed, too. :)

Congratulations to Sophia on qualifying to the Sectional! Will you all attend the first sectional or go to a later one? Just curious. We are in Virginia too and will be at the first sectional. Sophia's floor routine was beautiful, as was her ro/bhs! I recognize her leo and have to say, she is at a GREAT gym! Looks to me like she's on her way to being a star!

Meg

Congratulations to Sophia on qualifying to the Sectional! Will you all attend the first sectional or go to a later one? Just curious. We are in Virginia too and will be at the first sectional. Sophia's floor routine was beautiful, as was her ro/bhs! I recognize her leo and have to say, she is at a GREAT gym! Looks to me like she's on her way to being a star!

Meg

Don't know the gym/area, but you can just tell that they work a lot on form and the little things. Obviously Sophia has a lot of natural talent as well. Very poised and nice lines for such a young girl! I see a wonderful level 4 season in her future for sure.

Sophia is adorable!! What an amazing floor routine and such a strong ROBHS!!

I know what you mean about recording! There is no way I could compose myself enough to operate the camcorder so I make my husband do it, lol! He also uses a tripod to keep it steady. He's into gizmos and gadgets so it's not like I'm punishing him. He enjoys it secretly :D

About posting a youtube video:

when you are on the video page you can use the url address at the top of the screen by highlighting it by left clicking on the address.

This is what the URL looks like but without the *'s:

http://www.youtube.com/*watch*?v=MrzC1wbr3OU

Then right click the highlighted area. A little menu will pop up choose "copy". When you go to post a thread in the box area where you type your post right click with the mouse the menu will pop up again and then you choose "paste".

Then you're done!

You can also embed the video by clicking on the little youtube icon while typing your post here at chalkbucket. Tags will pop up that look like this but with out the *'s [*YOUTUBE*][*/YOUTUBE*]

Then you need to paste the URL in between the ] and the [ so that it looks like this but without the *'s:

[*YOUTUBE*]http://www.youtube.com*/watch*?v=MrzC1wbr3OU[*/YOUTUBE*]

Did that make ANY sense at all, lol!?! I hope so :)

Here it is for those that would like to see it:

YouTube - usag level 4 first meet Sophia

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments....Sophia thinks it's cool she's on Youtube!!! She won't go to the first sectional in Virginia but will be at the World Class Invitational the weekend of 19/20 December in Chesapeake? Anyone else?

What a cutie! Congrats on a great first L4 meet and for qualifying! Her robhs was soooo good, I can't believe she just got it! She is going to have a great season!!

She won't go to the first sectional in Virginia but will be at the World Class Invitational the weekend of 19/20 December in Chesapeake? Anyone else?

Good luck to her! I am sure she will do great. We won't be there. Our next meet after the December sectional is Jan. 9 at VIGS in Richmond, the New Year's Opener.

Meg

She was amazing - I left a comment at the video too. She really paid attention to all the little details and was so poised for someone so young. I was very impressed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back