MAG First meets of the season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

KCHAMP

Proud Parent
When is everyone's first meet of the new season? Our is 12/6. the girls team has already had a meet or 2 and more coming up.

Weekend of 12/6 is our first one. Nothing after that until January! Girls' team's first meet is the week after the boys. I can see the freight train rounding the bend and heading this way, yikes! Our coach is really unhappy about the first meet coming the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it's the same timing for everyone.

We have some meets we can do in December, but our coach opted not to do them. We very rarely do one before January

DS first meet is in December. He hasn't competed for 2 seasons.........My DD Last meet is the same weekend......200 miles apart..:eek:

DS first meet is in December. He hasn't competed for 2 seasons.........My DD Last meet is the same weekend......200 miles apart..:eek:

That's what is going to happen to us in January. Bummer because my DDs and DS are in the same gym, and we're not the only family who has kids on both girls and boys team there.
Actually there is another conflict in December (our first boys meet of the season, and the very first one for my DS), but these two gyms happen to be in the same town and just 10 minutes apart, so with a bit of luck I'll make it to the both meets.

It happens.....I am just so happy he is going to compete again! Although I will be sad if I cant be there, I also have a sense of peace in that he is doing what he loves to do regardless. Besides, DD made a declaration that DDad is NO WAY going to do her hair, and help her get ready for her State Meet....period.....
So, Dad gets to take DS.......and film as much as possible...

As far as the meet? I haven't seen him do ANYTHING in months so it will be a BIG surprise.....He gets dropped off, and picked up. He does not like us at practice anymore.
I am freaking out, but His coach told me all will be fine......My expectations are very low (i am not trying to be mean) and I am just happy he is going out there to do his thing.

It happens.....I am just so happy he is going to compete again! Although I will be sad if I cant be there, I also have a sense of peace in that he is doing what he loves to do regardless. Besides, DD made a declaration that DDad is NO WAY going to do her hair, and help her get ready for her State Meet....period.....
So, Dad gets to take DS.......and film as much as possible...

But there is still chance their sessions will fall on different days, right?
It sounds like it is a big day for both your daughter and son so they should have both of their parents watching... and siblings as well ;)

That's what is going to happen to us in January. Bummer because my DDs and DS are in the same gym, and we're not the only family who has kids on both girls and boys team there.
Actually there is another conflict in December (our first boys meet of the season, and the very first one for my DS), but these two gyms happen to be in the same town and just 10 minutes apart, so with a bit of luck I'll make it to the both meets.

You know, there are a reasonable number of meets now that run boys' and girls' sessions together. WHY DO OUR GYMS NEVER DECIDE TO GO TO THE SAME FRIGGING MEET? :confused:

And yes, in our family, mom usually accompanies the one who needs the bun.

@profmom - exactly! and our January boys meet is one of those! Big meet one hour away, for both MAG and WAG. But for some reason, our girls have to go to different big meet three hours away, and in different direction. Now that's annoying :(
Sorry... just needed to vent. Thanks for listening!

But there is still chance their sessions will fall on different days, right?
It sounds like it is a big day for both your daughter and son so they should have both of their parents watching... and siblings as well ;)
I have already told myself that if I have to drive during the night to get there, I will.....
I am hoping one is on Saturday and the other on Sunday.......Monday would be a recuperation day for Mom!. LOL!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back