WAG Floor music - overused? (overwhelmed!!!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What did she end up choosing?

I "believe" this is what she will go with. We talked about how it's kind of a mix between classical and TransSiberianOrchestra. It's not "over" powerful that she couldn't handle it, but it's not ballet-ish which also isn't her.

She still hasn't declared it "the one", but she has said many times "I can see myself using that". For a 12 year old, that's a pretty strong statement :)
We also have to get the coach to approve it. I don't know that it's necessarily "classical and elgant"...

http://floorexpressmusic.com/full-length-demos/VarietyCD424-Concerto No. 1-Demo.mp3

I'm not sure what our other girls picked, but my DD will almost certainly go with a neat twist on a Celtic song. It's got a little bit of pretty classical touches and some spunk and power. She's a happy, animated gymnast, but she has that classical Nastia body.

I really like that concerto number 1. I was imagining a routine as I listened to the demo!

I'm interested that people have said in previous replies that they have used Disney songs - that is an absolute no no here. I thought it was to do with Disney copyright issues. Do you have to pay a fortune to be allowed to use them?

I have now been sucked into that site. Send help if no one hears from me.
I'm having a great time listening to all sort of stuff.

They even have an 'Australian' section! Does anybody ever use that stuff? They have have to be the least Australian sounding renditions I have ever heard and the very Australian piano accordion (?!) seems to feature heavily in both. Most strange and entertaining.

I really like that concerto number 1. I was imagining a routine as I listened to the demo!

I'm interested that people have said in previous replies that they have used Disney songs - that is an absolute no no here. I thought it was to do with Disney copyright issues. Do you have to pay a fortune to be allowed to use them?

There are a few girls at DD's gym that use songs from Disney movies, but they are purchased from the floorexpress site, so no copyright issues. One of the younger girls is using "Let It Go" and one of the L9s does a powerful and dramatic routine to "Alice In Wonderland".

I "believe" this is what she will go with. We talked about how it's kind of a mix between classical and TransSiberianOrchestra. It's not "over" powerful that she couldn't handle it, but it's not ballet-ish which also isn't her.

She still hasn't declared it "the one", but she has said many times "I can see myself using that". For a 12 year old, that's a pretty strong statement :)
We also have to get the coach to approve it. I don't know that it's necessarily "classical and elgant"...

http://floorexpressmusic.com/full-length-demos/VarietyCD424-Concerto No. 1-Demo.mp3
I saw a silver team all using that music recently. I love it!

My daughter is having a hard time convincing her 12 year old brain that the pretty music really is more suited to her. She recently found Lilo & Stitch, and really wants it...
It's special to her, so I get it, but I'm not sure the music would be good for her.

This is why we submit 3-5 and let the coach decide! :)

I'm in the process of choosing music for a very mixed group of Xcel kids (7-13, very varied personalities/styles/dance abilities) and am totally stuck. The Floor Express site is totally overwhelming! These suggestions have been helpful.

I'm in the process of choosing music for a very mixed group of Xcel kids (7-13, very varied personalities/styles/dance abilities) and am totally stuck. The Floor Express site is totally overwhelming! These suggestions have been helpful.
What divisions of Xcel?

That's another problem. HC (who hasn't seen them since fall) is planning on Bronze, but a few are/will be ready for Silver by next season.

Which Lilo and Stitch? I just love Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride!

http://floorexpressmusic.com/full-length-demos/CD1305-Lilo & Stitch-Demo.mp3

It's special because when DD was little she would dance to this with DH (over and over and over again!).
And two years ago we took her to Hawaii, and her favorite teacher had lived in Hawaii so they bonded over "everything Hawaiian". So it's got a history for her.
I think I'm going to go ahead and have it be one of her options, along with the Concerto, and we will find a couple more, and totally let the coach decide :)

I like the Lilo & Stitch music. I looked it as well, but it wouldn't work for my bigger kids (I can see the eye rolling now). And it's so important for the gymnast to have music that they love and can connect with, so to have a story to go with the music would really help with the performance element for her.

http://floorexpressmusic.com/full-length-demos/CD1305-Lilo & Stitch-Demo.mp3

It's special because when DD was little she would dance to this with DH (over and over and over again!).
And two years ago we took her to Hawaii, and her favorite teacher had lived in Hawaii so they bonded over "everything Hawaiian". So it's got a history for her.
I think I'm going to go ahead and have it be one of her options, along with the Concerto, and we will find a couple more, and totally let the coach decide :)

Oh, this one is really fun! I like it! :)

Oh, this one is really fun! I like it! :)

I am hoping her coaches like it, because I think she would be tickled to have it.

this is quite the process... funny thing is, it's not like the girls need it any time soon, but as soon as they all heard that the next level needs it, they've ALL been listening and listening and listening...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back