floor music suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am having a hard time finding floor music. I checked out a few websites suggested on here , have had a bit of luck but am still searching...

Any websites? Or, any suggestions of actual song names? Looking for something that is not repetitive, lots of changes in speed/tempo..

i love bolero!! it has so many changes, and the actual piece is pretty long so if you don't like some parts you can just take them out! search it on youtube! :D

floor music

This is m first year as an optional but i have listened to a lot of floor music on floor express music here are the names of the ones i like

1.Requiem for a dream
2.unstoppable
3.'Bout it
and 4.He's a pirate

Hope you like them!

This is m first year as an optional but i have listened to a lot of floor music on floor express music here are the names of the ones i like

1.Requiem for a dream
2.unstoppable
3.'Bout it
and 4.He's a pirate

Hope you like them!

The pirate one is overused! I would pass on that one.

Where is that thread? I've been looking for it and I think I've gone blind and absent minded all at the same time looking for it. the link above isn't working for me (my computer is acting up and its driving me crazy)

That's odd; the link is working for me.

The thread is currently the third Sticky in the Chalk Bucket section.

That's odd; the link is working for me.

The thread is currently the third Sticky in the Chalk Bucket section.

It is my Computer that is causing that issue. Something is running (maybe a virus) that keeps me from accessing links, using the defrag, etc. Hubby is going to fix it this week (Hopefully).

My grandaughter was in Prep Opt last year and has a love for strange music that no one else would use but her coaches (who are almost all judges as well) love her ideas...last year she used one called "determination"...it worked great....This year, it is looking like she will be a Level 8 when the season finally gets going full swing and her new choice is the theme from Without a Trace...didn't think I'd like it but when the choreography was set to it, it came out fantastic for her personality.

i love step up floor music you can find it on youtube i also like pirates :)

My DD is a HUGE fan of Heart! We cannot find any floor music from them. She would love to have the beginning of Crazy on You. The tempo changes alot. She is only Level 5 right now and I don't think she gets to pick her own music anyway, but maybe an idea for you.

This is so frustrating....

do most people purchase it? is that the only way to find floor music online??? or is there a way to download it, that i dont know about? i find stuff on youtube i like, then have no idea how to get it on a cd?

Depends on what music and where you get it.

Again, the floor music reccomendation thread has some links to sites that have free music.

For all you people wanting to download links from youtube you can do so at:

[edit: link removed]

Make sure you select audio only :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For all you people wanting to download links from youtube you can do so at:

[edit: link removed]

Make sure you select audio only :)

I won't claim never to have bent a few of these rules myself, but for the record, I don't condone this; it's copyright infringement (ie illegal) to do this without permission (and that permission has to come from the copyright holder, not the video uploader -- who in most cases is already infringing copyright), and the composer doesn't get a dime when you do this.

(note that this is Geoffrey Taucer the composer/producer speaking, not Geoffrey Taucer the mod; we don't have a formal policy on this sort of stuff yet; I'll bring it up with bog and (if he's around) JBS. I'm not issuing any warnings or bans here, and until we come up with an official policy I will leave gymgurl's post, but be aware that that post may dissappear once we make an official policy on this sort of stuff)

Last edited:
Sorry Geoffrey i honestly didn't know that doing this was illegal, sorry for posting it didn't mean any harm by it and i am incredibly sorry and i won't do this again i thought because there are so many of them that it can't be illegal won't happen again :)

Sorry Geoffrey i honestly didn't know that doing this was illegal, sorry for posting it didn't mean any harm by it and i am incredibly sorry and i won't do this again i thought because there are so many of them that it can't be illegal won't happen again :)

No worries, you're not in trouble here or anything; we have no formal policy on that thus far (and the program itself isn't illegal, it just makes for very easy illegal use), and as I said, I won't claim never to have acquired routine music by legally questionable means. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents from a composer's perspective.

one of my favourite music is Bolero from Moulin rouge you can find some really good arrangements. There is one on Youtube that i like and i don't know where you can purchase it but it has a picture of a girl doing a handspring

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back