MAG Front Twisting help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Front twisting seems to be impossible for me to learn. I twist early. Sometimes I twist out of no where. Sometimes when I go for branny I do a full. Sometimes when I go for just a layout I go for full or branny. And when I tell myself, "Ok your gonna do a full." I twist right away. Is the hallow take off then arch correct? And I have heard from front handspring is better is better. Everyone on my team does front double fulls. I have one teammate named xxxx xxxx and he does 3,5 twist. Why can't I? Drills also anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am haha. I have so much time on my hands I'm trying to get everything figured out. (All my gymnastics problems so when I go back I can learn) But yes I'm injured with my back foot and shoulder. Not really getting better but I go to doctors tomorrow to see whats up.

Learn by doing a front pike and twisting on the kick out. As you get better...lessen the pike and increase the twist.

• Pike open bounce half
  • Pike open half
  • Pike open half bounce half
  • Pike open full
  • Pike open full bounce half

Make sure you front and back twist the same direction.

Today was my first day back on tumbletrak tried front half from handspring and it look like a low round off. Did a nice full and when it came to a Rudy I twisted off the ground... Not good... It's like impossible lol

You've been out of gym for a month.

Numbers means doing a lot of good reps. A LOT of good reps.

From a Japanese POV that is at least 3 or 4 digits. So from an American POV, that is about say, 25-50? LOL.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back