MAG Funny Practice Story

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, DS comes out of practice last night limping. I asked him what happened.

"Well, I hurt my knee, my ankle, and my leg pit."

I started laughing. I asked how he did that.....

The story started..
"I was doing really big flairs and I fell of the mushroom and banged my knee (makes sense). Then I was working my circles on the pommel and I banged my leg pit on the handle."

Leg pit?

"yeah." And he shows me the spot behind his knee!

"you know ....armpit, and leg pit!"

Then..to the ankle, which appears to be the one actually hurting.

So, D what happened ot your ankle.

"Well, I was walking.......(I start laughing).... and I fell of the mat and twisted it."

LOL! Only a gymnast can flip around a gym, off equipment and on a tramp for 3 hours, and then hurt themselves walking off the mat!! LOL!

I can honestly say I had never heard of a leg pit before! But I still knew exactly what it meant anyway! Kids come up with the funniest names for things!!

OMG so true. I have the video of our last meet where my son was getting up to vault and couldn't even stand on his own toe feet. He really looked like he was drunk! He was just standing still!!!

Leg pit - I'm going to use that one!

That is classic! I am exactly the same! I can flip and tumble easily and not hurt myself but when it comes to perfectly normal activities I fail big time. I was demonstrating ice cream scoops for rec gymnasts and did it all perfectly and stuck the dismount but then went to sit on the other beam and fell backwards over the other side! I think gymnasts are more clumsy than they let on :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back