Parents Gymnastics bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If you search for home gymnastics equipment you will find many threads. The basic summary, no bar. Pull up bars are good for developing strength. Some families enjoy having a home beam, most find that home equipment is good for pet toys, forts and parent feet hazards.

My girls have one and it's been great. Both of their bars skills have really improved (they both got 1st place in their age group at their last meet). I did speak with their coach before getting it and she was fine with it. I do not let them fool around on it. They works kips and level 3 skills. I will sell it once they both more to level 4. We have the kip bar pro from Tumble Trak. It is extremely solid.

My girls have one and it's been great. Both of their bars skills have really improved (they both got 1st place in their age group at their last meet). I did speak with their coach before getting it and she was fine with it. I do not let them fool around on it. They works kips and level 3 skills. I will sell it once they both more to level 4. We have the kip bar pro from Tumble Trak. It is extremely solid.

Yes, the kip bar pro from Tumble Trak does not wobble at all. My daughter used it a lot when she was lv 3 and somewhat for lv 4. At lv 6 She still uses it for some conditioning and playing around. It was one of her favorite presents ever! Just don't expect it to vastly improve her gymnastics and be strict about what she can/can't do on it.

Have one, oldest used it but moved so quickly through the levels, she didn't get much use. YDD plays on it. I understand "keep it in the gym" and agree with that. It was a lot of money for it to be something they just play with.

We have the tumble trak one as well , and it has been good for pullover, BHC and my dd got her kip on it , she also has my older girls who are gymnasts and coaches so she knows most skills are done with them but pullovers and casts she is allowed plus just playing like she does on the jungle gym at school works for me. We have a few things and they use it all as play mostly in the cold winter months for being active.

We bought one for our daughter when she was in the lower levels...it didnt take long before she couldn't use it. Once they are done with kips then its kinda useless. Also, they want their parents help to know if they are doing it right... ummm I'm not a coach and have no idea on what is right or not.. so I say leave it for the gym.

Worst idea ever!!

Gymnastics needs to stay at the gym where there is proper and safe equipment, correct matting, and trained coaches. The only thing a "home bar" is good for is learning bad habits and serving as an indoor clothes rack.

Spend your money on something else or invest it for the future.
this

We have one and I wish we wouldn't have gotten it. It it really only useful for a very short time and takes up a ton of space.

Reactions: sce
we have the tumble track bar, she use to use it for level 3 skills, now she just uses it for strength training. Not a good investment as it was really only used for a few months, but it's a good bar.

i have a really good bar i'd sell you if you were close enough. i got it so she could improve her kips. now that she's moved on to level 6, i'm not sure it's going to do us any good. i can lower it so she can work on her turns but that's about it now. i bought extensions, have a mat under it plus a crash mat and 50 pound salt bag weights on it so it doesn't move. ours in our shed and it's not usable in the cold months. hopefully we can recoup some of the money we paid for it. it's like brand new. she doesn't want to sell it....

we also have the tubl trak one. my ODD is level 3 and uses it all the time. literally ALL THE TIME. she got her kip within a month of buying it - maybe she would have anyway, but i'm doubtful. My YDD is pre-team and got her back hip circle on it.

That said, we bought it "used" from a girl at our gym who is level 7 so it wasn't the crazy new price. Her mom bought it when she was level 4 and said she used it for about a month and then never again. She actually ended up using it to hang medals on because she thought it looked "cool"! And after my YDD has moved on past level 3, I'm sure we will sell it as well, so our overall payout for the bar prob won't end up being super high.

The only problem I have with it is that it obviously is a centerpiece in our small playroom which means when friends come to play I have to be VERY firm about "no kids on the bar" - I don't need that kind of liability!

i have a really good bar i'd sell you if you were close enough. i got it so she could improve her kips. now that she's moved on to level 6, i'm not sure it's going to do us any good. i can lower it so she can work on her turns but that's about it now. i bought extensions, have a mat under it plus a crash mat and 50 pound salt bag weights on it so it doesn't move. ours in our shed and it's not usable in the cold months. hopefully we can recoup some of the money we paid for it. it's like brand new. she doesn't want to sell it....

How much would you be asking for this bar? :)

I admit it, I bought one when Dd was 6, in rec gymnastics and really wanted to get her pullover. She did use it for quite a while, playing around at home and working her pullover and BHC. Beyond that, it was pretty useless though..! It was sturdy enough for playing around but not for anything beyond BHC/FHC. No kipping, no real swinging etc. she used it briefly as she headed in to L4 to practice her last push up in the kip (drill), that's the last time it saw any use whatsover. It took up a lot of room and wasn't cheap.
I would recommend a floor beam and mats if anything, and with strict rules on what they can be used for.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back