Gymnastics Before School?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I'm having a hard time choosing between school or gymnastics. I have a band concert next Tuesday, but I have gymnastics practice on that day. The concert and practice are at the same times, too! The band concert is a summative grade (counts for 80% of my final grade), so if I'm not at the concert, then I will get a 0. But on the other hand, I REALLY don't want to skip practice since we are competing soon, and I've already missed several days. Which one should I choose?

You're school band concert. There's a model that my gymnastics coaches have always given us: Family over School over Gymnastics...over Boys. Your education will take you somewhere in life whereas in comparison gymnastics will not. You're education is the most important thing. Notify your coach ahead of time that you have a school event and you will not be able to attend practice. You may be able to schedule a private. Also, this is why most gymnasts give up band and outside sports in middle and high school.

It's more important to get a good education and a good grade. And you can go to practice more than once. There's only one concert.

Well First... Did you chose band? If not and your not in high school go to gym. I was in band in 6th grade... Hated it. I skipped the concert( but I also was on crutches so) it after red my grade but I still got a B so not by an absolute ton. School is important but I don't consider band a class that needs a grade.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back