WAG Gymnastics Camps in Texas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

fliptwisttwirl

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I know it's already June and way late to sign up for a gymnastics camp. But I just found out my gym is closing for 2 weeks in August and I'd really not like to take a two week break. I'm not really looking for a "spotting camp" (like Karolyis or IGC) where a bunch of counselors just spot you through everything and there's just as much activity time as gymnastics. Not trying to offend anyone with that statement..just what I've seen. More looking for a college or club that has a gymnastics focused camp. Overnight would be ideal but not needed. WOGA's team camp is a week I can't go to so that's not an option. I'm a level 8 training 9. If anyone knows of a place like this please let me know. Thanks.

Texas doesn't have any D1 schools with scholarship gymnastics programs. The closest ones are OU, LSU, and Arkansas, and they all have camps. You might want to check to see if they still have room. Although, I looked into them all a few months ago, and I think they were all in June.

I would say that many colleges will be doing their camps in June or July since most classes start back in August (at least in the SEC).

OU's camps are all full with waiting lists....my DD is heading there next weekend....but it's an amazing camp! I know Missouri and Nebraska have camps, but that would be a bit of a drive from TX. Actually, one you might look into (that does have a 3 day camp, but not overnight) is Bart Conner Academy in Norman, OK. my DD has also been to that one a few years ago, and it was really good, too. And I know they have a session in August, but don't know the dates.

Another possibility might be to train at another area gym for those two weeks (with your coaches' and permission of course and if another gym would allow this). Good luck in your search!

Texas doesn't have any D1 schools with scholarship gymnastics programs. The closest ones are OU, LSU, and Arkansas, and they all have camps. You might want to check to see if they still have room. Although, I looked into them all a few months ago, and I think they were all in June.

yes they do, although D2! :) don't forget Texas Woman's. they have 1/2 athletic and they have a camp. they're great down there:)

found it but it says it is sold out. i would still call though. http://www.twuathletics.com/sports/2008/7/8/gen_0708082227.aspx?tab=camps

Thanks for the replies. Looking into the Bart Conner camp for the first weekend in August!
Also considering training at another gym for those weeks..kind of hard since there isn't anywhere super close. But my parents are thinking about it.
Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back