Gymnastics camps (yes i know its not even close to summer break anymore!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So i was just browsing CB and a question poped into my head; do you think i'm too old to go to a gymnastics camp at my level?
Next summer i will be either 7 or 8 and i will be 15 (probably training 8) so do you think i should check out a gymnastics camp like woodward or IGC?

P.S. during the summer i go 20-24 hours a week so i'm used to long workouts.
Oh and if you have been to a gymnastics camp thats wasn't like a daycare sort of thing, what was it called, how old were you, what level, and did you like it?

You're definitely not too old! Most camps run up to seniors in high school, or around 17. And any level is accepted, I'm sure there would be hundreds of 15 year old level 7/8's at camp (including myself!) I've been to IGC and Woodward PA, and hoping to attend USGTC this next summer. But I know they all are aged around 7-17 ish, give or take a year. So don't worry, you'd fit right in being 15 and level 7/8, that's a pretty common age and level at sleepaway camps!

Definitely not too old. Several of the gyms in my area take their whole teams... and the girls' ages go up to 17 ... and some even 18 who want one last summer at camp before going off to college!!

No way are you too old!! there are lots of campers in the 13 - 17 range.

And just for the record never let someone convince you your too old for anything you want to do. If its something you want go for it!!

GO TO CAMP! i went to flipfest for the first time last summer and it was the best week of my life, no joke :D and by the way, FLIPFEST IS THE BEST!

You're not too old! Actually, I think that when you're a beginning optional, that's the perfect time to go to camp. You'll have a lot of skills next summer that you'll want to tackle quickly, and camp is perfect for that. Don't worry about being too old. My teammates all went together a couple of years in a row, and they ranged in age from about 7 to probably 18 or so, and were all at different levels.

I actually did some research about different camps around the US and compacted it into one of my blog posts, if you want some quick info on each.
Gymnastics Universe: Gymnastics Camps
I included Woodward, IGC, Lake Owen, and the Karolyi camp.

okay i will go to camp but the next step is to decide! I want a serious camp with lots of gym time so if you have any suggestions of camps that are either in Texas or close to it i would be thankful.
I wanted to go to IGC but i thinks thats out of the question.

Karoly's camp sounds like what you are looking for, it's in Texas, it's cheap, it's got gym time and good coaches. You could also look at university teams in your area, they often have camps and you can find a sample schedule on line to see how much gym time you will have. You can find out by there website how serious they are. You should have good coaches, because college coaches are used to coaching high levels.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back