gymnastics scores?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i know that the gymnastics score formula is (start value+execution)

whats the highest execution points you can have?
because i know you cant score a perfect 10 anymore

in the current FIG code there is no ceiling. only limits of the human body. but Kohei does make me wonder...:)

The highest execution score IS 10. The reason you can't score a perfect 10 anymore is because the difficulty is added to it. So yeah, you could score a perfect 10 in execution but no one really pays attention to the execution alone after the difficulty is added.

There are theoretical mathematical limits due to the fact that you can't count an infinite number of skills in a routine.

If we ignore connection bonus and assume a routine composed entirely of F-value skills, the start value would be 18.5 under current men's rules. (I don't know women's FIG rules well enough off the top of my head to know what the max for women would be).

On events that have G-value skills and/or connection bonuses, that theoretical limit would be higher -- how much higher would be a bit more complicated to calculate.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, I think most events don't even have 10 F-value skills, so you'd have to use some Es as well.

Just for the fun of it, let's ignore the limits of what humans can actually do and calculate a value for the hardest-possible men's floor routine.

-Manna press to handstand (or air flare, or any other non-acro D)
-Triple back punch front triple-full (G-F, .2 connection bonus)
-Back triple-double punch Hypolito (G-F, .2 connection bonus)
-Lay double-double punch Kolyvanov (F-F, .2 connection bonus)
-Back 4/1 punch Tamayo (F-F, .2 connection bonus)
-Penev (F)

That would give us 19.3 for a start value if I'm counting correctly.

However, these connections are lightyears beyond what is actually physically possible with human joints and muscles on a spring floor.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back