help w/ bhs..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

X

xxGYMROX24

I am almost ready for my bhs on floor. do you have any suggestions as to what would make this easier for when i actually have to do it?
thanks!

Do you mean fear-wise? Or the actual physical doing of the skill?

Execution:
1. Jump hard! As long as you jump, you'll be okay even if the BHS isn't too good.
2. Arms straight! You can't hit your head if your arms are by your ears and straight.
3. Stay tight everywhere! Squeeze your butt and stomach as well as arms and legs. It will make the move SO much easier.

Fear:
1. Tell yourself "I gotta do it sometime (or I want to do it sometime) so I might as well do it now."
2. Don't think about it too much except for things like jumping hard and being tight. Don't psych yourself out.
3. You can get a spot or do it onto a small mat before trying it by yourself on the bare floor.

I know this is not the best advice but your coach wouldn't let you do it if you were going to hurt yourself doing it so what my coach says is "chuck it" because she knows that i can do it! and i know you will be able to as well!! if your coach says you can do it you can do it and if you "chuck it" you will be able to do it (of course there is always technical flaws but you will get the essential skill) i think that you should just go for it! what you can do if you are really scared is progress slowly using mats and heavy spots etc

if i can leave you with one thing it isCHUCK IT (if your coach tells you your ready to try)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back