WAG Holiday Practice Schedule

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do your gyms decrease, increase or retain same schedule over holiday break when kids are out of school? Our gym cuts way back. I've always thought it would be an opportunity for some great workouts with school not getting in way. I other hand, maybe coaches feel like gymnasts need some downtime.

Our gym is closed Christmas Eve through the weekend after New Years. There are a few clinics scheduled, but otherwise there are no team practices. I think some downtime for kids, parents and coaches alike is a nice change of pace.

Our gym works out during break, pretty much every weekday that isn't a holiday. It is really good workout time, but there are quite a few that miss for family or vacation.

Both my girls' gyms close from dec 19-3rd January, even though meets start 1/17 for both. Their old gym before we moved really amped up the hours over breaks, and I preferred that- and so did my kids.

We switch to daytime practices, but practice pretty much every day except Xmas eve & day and New Years eve & day.

The girls also have a sleepover at the gym. Starts at 9 PM until maybe 10 AM the next day. The girls love it....but get absolutely no sleep....so it is really an "over" not a "sleepover."

We have a meet on Dec. 13... then one more week of practice... Team Party/Open Gym December 19... then off until Jan. 5. Coach MAY schedule an open gym during break, but only if there is enough interest and coaches willing to work it.
Our next meet is Jan 10.

My last day is December 23rd and the gym is back open on January 2nd, although I'm not in until the 6th. It seems that most classes are still on as normal right up until the 23rd though!

We have practice the Monday and Tuesday before that are only 2 hours and then the Monday and Tuesday after are only 2 hours after that and before are normal we have an exhibition January 3

We drop from 5X a week to 3X a week and also go to daytime hours. Rec is off for the entire two weeks so it's just team and there's lots of space!

It depends on how soon the first meet is in January. Typically, we hav e a reduced schedule- just a few days per week during Christmas and New Years.

Our girls practice earlier in the day than normal practice times but the gym is only closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day....

Ours is also only closed on Christmas eve, Christmas day and New Year's Day. They have switched to day time practice and have an extra day during the two weeks.

My gym closes for 2 weeks - Christmas and new year
But we train for 12 hrs instead of 16 hrs but they are still optional

In Australia Christmas is also Summer, and the kids finish the school year in hardly December and go on their long summer holiday. All the gyms close, everything closes.

Our gyms last official class for the holidays is the 20 of December, but optional kids are expected to be at the gym at least 2 times a week until regular practices go back in, obviously if your gone away on family vacation than you don't have to be there but if your just at home the coach expects you to go to the gym. Practices also get switched form night to daytime training.

Youngest dd finishes on 23rd December and goes back on 6th January, she has her first comp this Sunday and her Christmas festival display on 13th December and another display in another gym on 17th January, she will also be starting her first grades in January. I suspect that they having time off to give them and the coaches a break, haven't heard anything about going on during the Christmas holidays. I should imagine that the elite girls (performance squad) and the young (4-7) development squad will be in during the Christmas holidays at some point. They usually do.

Haven't heard anything about oldest dd, should imagine it will be the same as my youngest.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back