WAG Hopes and Dreams for 2013!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
So I saw this thread and thought it was a great idea!! But it was in the Proud Parent/Reletive group so I couldn't comment and know many other gymnasts couldn't either so I thought I'd start one open to everyone.

For me,
I'd like to compete level 6 and possibly do the new level 6 next year. My goal in gymnastics is to have my own routines so hopefully it'll work out.

I'd like to get over a few fears of mine, more specifically my flyaway and RO BHS BT.

I'd also like to stay injury free of course!!

My reply is in the parent forum but I'd like to second the "injury free" statement. For you and for my gymmie too! NO INJURIES!!!!!!

Vault: Better block
Bars: More clean/consistant glide kip and high bar kip, flyaway
Beam: Handstand to vertical, cartwheel, back walkover, full turn
Floor: RO BHS BHS, RO BHS BT, standing back tuck, front tuck, split leap to 180, switch leap
Other: Relatively injury free! And I want my shin splints to go away soooo badly!

I would love to remain injury free!!! That would be a god send! I would also love to be able to continue competing
skills:
Vault: Tsuk would be great
Beam: Round off BT dismount, foward walkover, flic (although I don't know if I'll ever do a flic due to shoulder problems)
Floor: RO-flic-Full, Front somi step out round off flic sault, Standing back tuck

The year through 2012, I DID accomplish one goal, I stayed injury free, so that remains a goal again! Hmmm, I would like to be able to vault on a regular spring board again, (my knee and regular spring boards are NOT friends) but for now, continue to work on my regular FHS vault, work on getting a better block. Floor I think taking my BHS TO the floor, as well as my front tuck and FHS are totally in the cards! Beam my front tuck dismount, a switch leap, a consistent cartwheel on high beam, maybe a split half turn jump, I have it pretty easy on floor. Bars, still working my squat on, every ligament in my body is loose EXCEPT my Achilles, making a squat on ridiculously hard. And my tuck fly away. Don't know if a kip will happen this year, but I will keep working at it, I've gotten a little closer. I've never been spotted on one, so I have no idea what the whole thing feels like. And maybe for funsies a baby giant. We have a strap bar, so why not

Mentally: Have more confidence in myself both at practice and competing (my biggest issue overall is lack of confidence in my abilites)

Physically: No more back/knee injuries

Competition: Compete P3 sucessfully; qualify for Atlantics or Easterns; lose those competition nerves

Floor: RO-BHS-1/2; a FHS-FLO that doesn't hurt my back; FT-RO-BHS-BT rebound; better artistry/dance moves

Beam: Stick my full turn without overotating; CW-BT dismount; consistant BHS or BWO-BHS on high beam

Bars: CONSISTANT sole circle (finally did it! Coach cried when I did lol!); flyaway layout; kip cast to HS

Vault: FHS full

Hmm. In my first 9 months I've made a lot of progress, so in the next 12 I'd like to..

Bars - Kip, flyaway
Beam - Back walkover, switch leap, consistent tuck 1/2 & 3/4, front tuck dismount & back tuck dismount
Floor - Back handspring, Roundoff bhs & front tuck (And so much more lol in my goal book I wrote "Everything" on floor)
Vault - Front handspring, half on

And I would like to do all of that with out injury of course!

This year I would love to compete state stream level 6.
I would like to become more consistent and confident with my new skills and continue fighting my battle with the uneven bars.
Obviously I would also like to remain healthy and injury free!!!

This year I would love to compete state stream level 6.
I would like to become more consistent and confident with my new skills and continue fighting my battle with the uneven bars.
Obviously I would also like to remain healthy and injury free!!!

Are you in NSW?? I just competed state stream level 6 - its a fun level!

Anyway also wanted to add, I want to be able to hold a handstand for a minute with no wall

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back