WAG I Would Like to File a Complaint...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

flippinam

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
to the gymnastics fairies who decided it would be a good idea to make my vertigo return today, the day of a meet. I began on beam and put my improvisation skills to the test after I fell over on my handstand but turned and managed to stay on the beam. (Thank you improv fairies.) I followed that with another handstand, then connected my back handspring to it, only to fall totally off this time. I received a gracious 8.35.

Next up: floor. My body decided to have a mind of its own, twisting sideways on my back layout without my permission. After multiple wobbles on the dance, my FHS FT ended in a glorious belly flop to slide across the floor. I must have gotten bonus points for that because I was gifted an 8.65.

Then we have vault. The one event I could have done well on. But I guess the fairies just didn't have any mercy today. I had my worst vaults of the season and went from a 9.65 to a 9.1.

Then bars. My coaches and I were convinced I would have to scratch. By this point, I couldn't even walk in a straight line. However, I managed to not only survive the routine, but also get my highest score of the season (still only an 8.05).

My all around decreased by 2.2 points. Come on fairies. This needs to stop.

Thank you

You know what I read here? I had problems but i persevered. I had doubts, but i pressed on. I had physical ailments that might have gotten the better of some, but i fought through them.

I ended up with lower scores than i usually get, but i finished the meet and even found a couple of positives to post about on Chalkbucket!

You are actually what i consider a champion. A winner. A true athlete. Congrats on your accomplishments!

And a special shout out to the gym fairies that did help.... And hey the rest of you step up next time would ya?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back