Intro - Canadian Parent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Honey

Proud Parent
I'm a Mom to a level 7 gymnast near Toronto and thought it was time I introduced myself. I have been a long time visitor to CB and have wanted to chime in on many posts but wasn't quite ready to jump in. I guess I'm ready now! I'm not sure I want to disclose too much about me or my daughter....the gymnastics community is pretty darn small (and even smaller in Ontario!) so I will keep it fairly cryptic for now. :) Like I said, she is a level 7, has been in the gym since she was 3 and is having a pretty good, injury free year so far (knock on wood).

Happy to be joining you all!

Thanks, I was starting to wonder if anyone read these intro posts!
Yeah, there are some that are answered a lot, then there are those who don't get answered. And they're posted around the same time period. Weird....

Depends who's awake at the time :)
You'll find the UK ones get a lot of UK responses. Also the parents of younger kids probably get more hellos from other parents of younger kids :)

Edit: Hello!

Also, saying you don't want to say too much about your daughter (quite rightly by the way) does mean that people are probably not going to ask you random questions.

To get loads of replies in a hello post you need to post something like this...

Hi, my 5 year old dd has had one gymnastics lesson and loves it! So proud! The coach has already said she has loads of talent so we are looking for an elite club. We've just installed bars and a beam in the basement so she can get a head start.

Hi, btw ;)

To get loads of replies in a hello post you need to post something like this...

Hi, my 5 year old dd has had one gymnastics lesson and loves it! So proud! The coach has already said she has loads of talent so we are looking for an elite club. We've just installed bars and a beam in the basement so she can get a head start.

Hi, btw ;)
You may need to throw in daily privates, a few gym switches, protein substitutes and ankle weights, and the entire community will respond. But don't mention home trampolines. That would be going too far. :)

You may need to throw in daily privates, a few gym switches, protein substitutes and ankle weights, and the entire community will respond. But don't mention home trampolines. That would be going too far. :)
Will they respond in a bad way? Probably a stupid question, but....

Nope, not bad. Just lots of input. What follows depends on the reaction of the OP to the input. These are all topics that get debated and discussed at length.
Oh my gosh, then there are the crazy people who get so mad over, "Your child really shouldn't be throwing back tucks on the concrete in your basement, just some advice". They have some anger issues! Lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back