WAG Is there a chance of L4 this season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

pumpkinpie

All my little ones are totally ready for L4 this season.

But about the 6 of the 9 girls
don't have their straight arm back extension roll on floor yet!

They can always roll into pike and mostly to push-ups position. But they can't do handstand yet....
HC won't let them compete if they don'
I do a lot of spotting, down a wedge, against a wall with a mat...it's slowly improving.

Do you think they will be able to make it until mid October?
That's when our first meet is! We will practice 3 times a week about 15 minutes of back ext. rolls!

Simple answer......yes. If you do the drills you say, and spend the time you do, there should be no reason not to get them. Each day I would have them try for straight arms. Whoever can do it gets to go to trampoline (or something else fun). You will be surprised how much quicker their arms straighten when something fun is involved! Keep at it, and good luck. :)

My kids pretty much got this skill during skills testing without practicing it almost at all on floor, only little from wedge mat. Our head coach made them try it because they had to pass one more voluntary floor skills and there wasn't really any easier skills to choose. They just tried and tried over and over and I coudn't believe my eyes how many got it just like that. One of them did it so well the head coach said she wanted to go to bars with that kid and start working on clear hip to handstand : D My point was thought that make it a contest. When they REALLY try and focus and WANT it it will come much easier! Back extension rolls are not cool if you ask the kids, the kids don't find them facinating like back tucks or something like that. So it may just be that even if they are strong enough to do it they aren't motivated enought.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back