WAG I've Got A Near Impossible Goal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Basically, I need to be at least a level six overall by August 2013. Right now I'm a level one/two-ish floor and vault, a level four bars and a level five beam.
I relly want to go to a gymnastics camp in the summer and I go to a boarding school. I train a bit at school because I'm on the school team but other than that I just really need to go to the camp or else I won't be Competition Squad standard. Any tips for me?

Help!

Find a gym with a great coach and ask them to evaluate you. I can guarantee that you would need to be training at least ten hours a week to get to your goal. The kip, BT and FT on floor, back walkover on beam and flyaway off bars are big skills. I do not see how you could get them all in nine months.

I try to train loads and I'm going to start twelve hours a week in a few weeks. I'm always practising and I stretch every night.

I'm a bit confused by your information. You are in the UK and training in the UK? Are you planning on going to gym camp in the states? Otherwise measuring your ability according to the US system seems a bit strange and it wont help you with gym camp here in the UK.
I'm guessing you must be training in a gym which focusing on apparatus to be pretty basic skill level on floor but so much better on beam and bars. That's something I would want to talk through with the coach if I were you.
Something just sounds all mixed up here and I think that people will find it hard to help you because of that.

The only sensible advice is to talk through your situation with your coach and set some realistic goals and keep working towards them.

I train in th UK and I'm going to a camp in the UK. I go by the UK system. And the reason my beam and bars are so much better is because, I used to go to a gym where they concentrated on bars and I personally like beam the best. My floor is improving but I am scared of the vault. I'm really concentrating on floor and vault now.

i also a bit confused, if your training in the UK and going by the UK system then the levels go down in the UK they start at level 4 then go 3 then 2 then FIG, so im a bit confused on what level you are trying to get to? anyway i think you just need to try really hard at all your practices and try not to miss any of them, i know the weather in the UK is rubbish but try to practice at home as much as you can as well, even if it is indoors for example improving your flexibility and strength by doing some conditioning will help a lot, hope this helps :) xx

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back