WAG Judges Tables at Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
Quick question as we're getting ready for our upcoming home meet -- what do you usually have on the judges tables (the ones in the gym by the event apparatus)? We have candy bowls, water, writing utensils, paper, etc. -- do you have any decorations other than a nice table cloth? I am trying to figure out if flowers or another centerpiece are appreciated or just in the way. Obviously we're not going to have anything that will obstruct the view. Also, what's your candy of choice on the table?

We usually have a bowl of wrapped lollies in the morning, like Minties and Fantales and then replace these with small chocolate bars after lunch. We then put out the wrapped lollies again in the afternoon, although I've been making a plate of little fruit skewers for those who aren't into lollies. They seem to go down well. We also put out cold waters at the beginning of each session.

As for decorations, it's just bright table clothes in our club colours.

Fruit skewers are an excellent idea. In the past we have small sugar candies, small chocolate treats, packaged nuts and beverages of their choice. Our meet staff asks them mid session if they have any need.

Pre-session I have taped rotation schedule, score sheets (for required judge signatures), meet schedule, timing instructions (for table workers), scoring system instructions, extra sharpie markers, pens, a small calculator and stop watch(2 for BB) to the table cloth. Taped so they do not disappear. I include a small Thank You card on the table addressed to the Judges. Inside is an invite to dine at the Judges Room with a menu of food offered. At the last session I slip in individual envelopes for each Judge their payment, a small coffee gift card for each judge with a Thanks.

Thanks for suggestion of fruit - excellent.

Best, Eric -

We have mints or chocolate, water, not many decorations because they just get in the way with scoring cards, clipboards, judge flip charts, etc.

I always volunteer for judges treats because I work Almost every weekend so other volunteer duties won't happen. I send pretzels, fruit and chocolate and another parent provides water. We do not do flowers or nut products.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back