Parents L5_ first meet results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Got that first L5 meet out of the way yesterday. It went well. I think this will be the first year that I am finally able to watch vault and somewhat gauge what a score should be.(never really got the 2,3,4 vaults)

Sam scores were: 8.85 vault
9.250 bars
9.425 beam
9.275 floor
She really had 3 practice vaults that were better than her scored vault, but still proud of that for her, and know it will get better. She showed good consistancy I thought, and quite sure she can pull a few more 1/10's here and there. That was good enough for a 2nd AA (36.8) with 1st (37) and 3rd (36.2) being second year L5's.

Sam and I did this meet together with mom and sis staying home. These are some quality moments I get with her and it's a blast. I have found the longer we do this the less stressful it gets. It is a challenge to video, photograph, and text results though.

Good times.

What a great first meet and against some strong competition. Glad to here that you both enjoyed you day together, I do love that one on one time with my kids when we go to a meet. She must have some lovely medals to show off.

What a great first L5 meet, those are fantastic scores !!! Some one on one bonding to top it all off !!!

WOW! Those are great scores for a first meet! Sounds like L5 will be a great year for her! And for what it's worth I have no clue about vault either, I've only been told they have to run hard, hit vault in a handstand position, and pop off.

Wow! Those are some really great scores for her first L5 meet. She is going to have an amazing season!! :)

Wow, congrats to your dd! Those are some fantastic scores for a first L5 meet. To score a 36 plus at her first meet is awesome! She is going to have a terrific L5 season.

Meg

I don't know how I missed this post, but I'll jump in now with some CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is off to a very strong start!

Very cool that you were able to have the father/daughter time too!

Thanks for the kind words. The meets are fun, but the time together is the best.
We were leaving after the meet to drive home. It was about a 2hr drive so we had time to talk.

I have commented on here before how impressed right now I am with her determination and focus. Knowing she had worked hard and done well I asked her "how do you feel about your first L5 meet?" Her response, "I'm a little mad at myself". I asked what she was mad about. She said she knew her vault could have been much better. I told her that is something to take to the gym with her on Monday. She also commented that even with the low scoring vault she was only a couple of "pointed toes" away from 1st AA. Even though we try not to dwell on the scores and placing, her uber competitive demeanor will always go there. I guess that's alright if it's between her and I.

That seemed to be a problem for some of the other girls on the team. Elements were all there, but the little things they have been told since level 2 were hurting them. I think 1st meet jitters and focusing on the elements may have lead to forgetting some of the basics. Oh well, 2 more weeks until the next meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back