WAG L9 Same skill deduction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
My daughter competed her 1st L9 meet last week. The coach took out her double pike and replaced it temporarily with a full and a half. She was over rotating the double back tuck and under rotating the double pike. Next meet is in a month. So hopefully, she has time to tweak it. Anyway, her first pass was changed to a full and a half and her last pass was suppose to only be a full but she did a full and a half. Coach said she did not get credit for last pass. What is the deduction for that? Also she stepped out if bounds on one if her passes. What is the deduction? Lastly, on her leap series, if she does not hit 180 degrees on her tour jette full, does she get credit for the bonus? Thank you in advance.

Anyway, her first pass was changed to a full and a half and her last pass was suppose to only be a full but she did a full and a half. Coach said she did not get credit for last pass. What is the deduction for that?

.5 off of start value

Also she stepped out if bounds on one if her passes. What is the deduction?

Lastly, on her leap series, if she does not hit 180 degrees on her tour jette full, does she get credit for the bonus? Thank you in advance.
Tour jete full by itself isn't bonus in L9, but she gets credit for the element as long as her split is at least 135*.

Thanks gymkat. She does another leap that is connected to the tour jette. As I mentioned above, it is part of a leap series. I just can't remember which leap is. Her coach said it is a bonus. Is it not a bonus? I am horrible at the names of the skills. If it is a bonus, she does get credit for the bonus as long as it is 135 degrees? Just to confirm that duplicate pass is only .5 off the start value? Would a missing element or one less requirement be only .5 deduction?

I just can't remember which leap is. Her coach said it is a bonus. Is it not a bonus?

I have no idea what the connection is, so it might be bonus.

If it is a bonus, she does get credit for the bonus as long as it is 135 degrees?

Yes, assuming that the combination is eligible for CV.

Just to confirm that duplicate pass is only .5 off the start value? Would a missing element or one less requirement be only .5 deduction?

Missing SR (not ending with at least a B) = -.5. Don't know about the rest of the elements since I only know what two of her skills were.

Ok. HC told us she got a 1.3 deduction on her last tumbling pass alone. I don't know if this is true. But at the meet, they changed her first tumbling pass from a ro, bhs, double back to a ro, bhs full and a half. Her second pass is front handspring, front layout, front pike, sissone. Her third tumbling pass was also changed from a ro, bhs, full and a half to a ro, bhs full. Unfortunately, she had not practiced the full at all. So, she inadvertently did a full and a half, duplicating her first tumbling pass. Lastly, regarding that leap series, she does a stag leap to a switch split connected to a tour jette full.

Her floor score was pretty low. I am not complaining. Just curious because if she did get the 1.3 deduction on the last pass alone, then she may be competitive in her floor routine. But if she did not get a 1.3 deduction on the last tumbling pass, then she has ALOT of work to do to improve her performance. Please don't tell me to ask her coach because although I think it is great that the coach tells us and her gymnasts things that makes them feel good about themselves and things we want to hear, it is always not the truth. I appreciate the time you put into answering my questions gymnast. Thanks again.

RO BHS 1 1/2 (C)
FHS FLO FP sissone (B + B = .1 bonus) + sissone (A)
1 1/2 again (0)

SR met: One pass with at least two saltos; three different saltos; I assume the leap combo was okay
SR not met: Last pass min. B (-.5 from SV)

VP met:
1 C (1 1/2)
4 Bs (FLO, FP, switch side, "tour jete full" will fill in here, and I assume she has at least a B turn)
3 As (plenty of them)

Bonus:
FLO FP (B+B) + .1

Stag leap (A) to Switch leap (B) to "tour jete full" (C/D-- I'm not sure whether you are talking about a Strug or Gogean, but it doesn't matter in this case because Ds get devalued to Cs in L9) is NOT bonus in level 9.

9.7 base SV - .5 +.1 = 9.3 SV

Thank you! As far as the turn, she does a single turn with one leg straight in front, parallel to the floor. Is that a a B. She must have another skill I neglected to list because the judges put her start value at 10, regardless, her routine is pretty rough at this stage. Thanks for the info. It helps a great deal.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back