Parents Lacking consistency

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
You're allergic... To vodka? And I thought I had it rough. You poor soul! :p

I shall have options for all!

Valium also sounds good.
lol, my allergist is living the good life off of me :)
Allergy list seems longer than non-allergy list sometimes...
"highlights": vodka, chocolate, tomatoes, anything from sheep, all local anesthetics

Just wait until you can fall multiple times on all events... when they are little you don't even think about falling on vault and floor but it happens all the time in optionals! I had a minor heart attack when my dd fell 3 times on a bar routine and the coach just had her salute and be done... you don't even want to know how bad that kind of score is... and about first year level 9 or 10, you quit wanting them to win and you start wanting them just not to get hurt!

Just wait until you can fall multiple times on all events... when they are little you don't even think about falling on vault and floor but it happens all the time in optionals! I had a minor heart attack when my dd fell 3 times on a bar routine and the coach just had her salute and be done... you don't even want to know how bad that kind of score is... and about first year level 9 or 10, you quit wanting them to win and you start wanting them just not to get hurt!

This is so true. Or when you are more shocked that they stayed on everything and landed on their feet than you are when they fall....lol.

lol, my allergist is living the good life off of me :)
Allergy list seems longer than non-allergy list sometimes...
"highlights": vodka, chocolate, tomatoes, anything from sheep, all local anesthetics

CHOCOLATE?!?!?! I don't think it could even get up on the morning...

CHOCOLATE?!?!?! I don't think it could even get up on the morning...
Been allergic my whole life but didn't know for sure until a couple years ago. Just always hated how it would "slime" down the back of my throat and would make me gag... guess minor throat swelling can do that - lol.

Update!!!

Comps weren't a disaster!!! She really pulled it together! I'm absolutely shocked and amazed! 2nd on floor with a 9.316, 4th on vault with a 9.050, no places on bars or beam, 8.625 and 8.216, 6th AA with a 35.207. I had absolutely no idea she was so capable! In fact, she cried the whole way there this morning because she was terrified of vault and didn't want to do it, LOL!

So glad she held it together :) Tell her she has strength and should be proud of herself! You too :p

Hopefully the next one will be a bit easier emotionally all round :D

She is SO happy!! Have never seen a smile so big! Was just so unexpected.

I totally win CGM of the year. I was so nervous I must have gone to the toilet 38653 times, 39762 coffee runs, and renewed my parking ticket 3 times, because I couldn't bare to watch!! Everyone around me must have wondered who the nutty parent was that kept leaving. LOL.

So glad it went well!!!!

Lol about the tiny vodka bottles for dance comps, I might have to try that. Seriously, I love watching them but they do take ALL day. Usually 2-3days. At least with gymnastics, you're generally there for one session and leave... DD is in a lot of numbers and they're usually quite spread out. :) It's great when you end up with like a 2hr gap so you can leave the venue and get something to eat, lol!!

Ya'll are hardcore! Give me coffee and I'm good to go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back