Level 2 aau tripod question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

clrmom

Proud Parent
Will points be deducted if my daughter lifts her feet, bringing them together in the air for her tripod to pike position instead of leaving them on the floor and sliding them together?

I guess as no one has answered this question I can see tat we have no AAU coaches on the cb. My best suggestion is to ask your coach. But in reality it cannot be worth much.

I do coach AAU level 2, and I answered her other question about which was the correct way to do the skill and it is by keeping the feet on the floor and dragging them together by putting most of the weight on the head/hands. But I am not a judge and in all honesty I don't have a clue what the deduction would be or if there is one, I do know the general deductions for things but I have never run across that one as we just don't teach it that way. The only thing I can come up with is that it would be possible that it may put the kid off balance if the feet were off the floor and that could cause a deduction. I know you can't tell the coach what to do, but I would not suggest lifting the feet.

The getting off balance was a concern for me too. As a matter of fact it has happened to a couple of girls in practice. I know my daughter seems to do fine doing it both ways. I guess we will just have to see what happens at their first competition and also maybe see how other gyms' girls are doing it. After all the first competition is supposed to be a learning experience, right?

Thanks so much for your help.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back