Parents Level 5 training hrs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

samadams

Proud Parent
How many hours does your level 5 gymnast train in a week ?My Dd does 10- 12 a week and I'm wondering how that compares to other's around the country.

We are 12 hours of gymnastics. I know some other gyms in our state spend more hours and include ballet training. My dd trains ballet outside of gymnastics.

12 is pretty much the standard number hours for L5 here on the CB. Some less and some more, but 12 seems to be about the average.

My dd's team is somewhat small, not many levels, so they train L5 at 14.5 hours a week, but most likely she'll train L6/L7 the same number of hours next year. Since they have three coaches and not too many girls, they are able to give each girl more attention, versus a mega sized team. In the summer, they train more hours, it's 20 hours a week. Two long days, two short and they make TONS of progress using that time wisely. It's weekdays, M-Th. We are in Region 6.

Our 5s go 10-13 depending on an optional practice. Summer will be 20 hours a week.
Our 6s go 16-18 depending on an optional practice. Summer will be 20 hours a week.
Our optionals go 20-23 depending on an optional practice. Summer will be 20 hours a week.

All of our team girls practice about 15 - 18 hours a week. The difference hours is depending on their school workload, I know my DD used to leave early when she had exams and such, some girls come in later so they can work on homework before practice.

At our gym they have multiple tracks... for Level 5 the regular track kids practice 12 hours per week. The fast track kids will do 16 hours. This kind of thing goes on for the upper levels as well, e.g. Level 7 is either 16 hours or 18. Level 9s & 10s are 22.5 hours (all of them). A (very) few select kids are doing two-a-days.

Interesting

My DD is probably skills wise a level 6, looking online at what your levels are and she does 6 1/2 hours a week. Her gym wants to introduce another day but they can't get the take up required atm.

We don't have the regulated level system you have in the US over here, no compulsory routines/music/progressions.

'Margo

12 hours during school...16 hours during summer with an option up to 20 hours.

At my dd's gym, level 5s practice 10 hrs a week with a two hour optional open gym time. After reading others posts, I see that is probably not enough to stay competitive with other gyms who do more hours.

All our level 5s practice 12 hours a week. All practices are 3 hours long. They do 3 week nights and Saturday morning.

16 hours for kids prepping for L5 and up in the year before competing (age 8). Hours don't generally increase from there until they are competing L7+ or pre-novice national.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back