WAG Level 6 beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm curious about the concentration pause too - the standing there w/ her arms up by her ears for what seems like an hour before doing her series the my DD does - how much can that cost someone in deductions?

I have seen high-scoring routines with somewhat lengthy pauses. It gets sticky if they're too long or if there are too many, because that can lead to an overtime routine, which is a deduction for sure, just not sure how much.

I have seen high-scoring routines with somewhat lengthy pauses. It gets sticky if they're too long or if there are too many, because that can lead to an overtime routine, which is a deduction for sure, just not sure how much.
The deduction for overtime is .1

If I remember correctly the concentration pause is .1 and I think it has to be a more than 2 0r maybe even 3 sec pause to get the deduction. My dd on beam in L8 would take what seemed like forever to do her BHS-BHS series. It really doesn't affect the score that much, as if you think about it if that pause helps them avoid a .1-.3 deduction for a small to large wobble (or a .5 deduction for a fall) it is worth it :). The overall rhythm deduction takes into account the flow of the entire routine. I think that may be up to .3 but I really can't remember for sure….I stopped obsessing about the deductions somewhere along the line…probably about the same time I stopped fearing falls and started fearing getting hurt….

It really doesn't affect the score that much, as if you think about it if that pause helps them avoid a .1-.3 deduction for a small to large wobble (or a .5 deduction for a fall) it is worth it :).

I do know that in L4 cartwheel, for 3 meets in a row, DD fell off. A great coach helped her "set it up" before she did it, and she spent the next 4 meets staying on the beam, and looking pretty darned good. the "set up" looks a little awkward, and she may get a small deduction for that, but it sure beats the whole fall deduction!

Overtime is a .1 deduction. Concentration pauses of 2 seconds or more are a .1 deduction each time. There is also an up to .2 deduction for insufficient sureness in performance throughout the beam routine which the athlete could potentially end up getting.

Overtime is a .1 deduction. Concentration pauses of 2 seconds or more are a .1 deduction each time. There is also an up to .2 deduction for insufficient sureness in performance throughout the beam routine which the athlete could potentially end up getting.
Omg... .2 for insufficient sureness in performance? That truly is a 'judgmental' call....:eek:

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back