WAG Level 6 beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

roll123

Proud Parent
Does there have to be a connected skill or dismount? DD is doing a bwo bt dismount but is having trouble connecting them. Wondering if it's necessary and if so what the deduction will be

My dd is doing a front tuck dismount so I assume a connected dismount is not required. Especially at such a low level. I don't think that really comes into play until level 8 or 9.

I've occasionally seen gainers by themselves, so I don't think there's ever a requirement that there be a skill leading into the dismount skill. Please correct me if I am wrong about this!

It is not required at level 6 to have a connected dismount. I think they just require them to have a dismount with an A value. DD did a front tuck dismount in level 6 as well. Maybe your DD's coach is just having her get used to doing it to use for later levels?

There is a .05 deduction on beam if an athlete that has a dismount that is a single element. However, that deduction begins at level 8.

As a coach I require my athletes to start working connected dismounts in level 6 to make the transition through the levels easier.
The 0.05 deduction is if a single skill dismount is only the minimum required difficulty for the level (A at level 8, B at level 9, C at level 10).

The 0.05 deduction is if a single skill dismount is only the minimum required difficulty for the level (A at level 8, B at level 9, C at level 10).
So if you did, say, a front layout dismount (a B) at level 8, you would or would not incur a .05 deduction?

Thank you for the info. I'm just wondering if she does the bwo and then pauses before the back tuck
If that will be a deduction

There should be no deduction. There is a overall "rhythm" deduction, but that would look at how the whole routine flows. If she pauses really long, they can give a "concentration pause" deduction, but if she is simply just not connecting, no deduction.

There should be no deduction. There is a overall "rhythm" deduction, but that would look at how the whole routine flows. If she pauses really long, they can give a "concentration pause" deduction, but if she is simply just not connecting, no deduction.

any idea how much a "concentration pause" is? If/when my DD gets her BWO back into her routine, I know for sure there will be one...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back