Level 7 requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm competing Level 7 AAU (same rules as USA) and I wanted to know if my routines meet requirements (they did 2 yrs ago)

Bars:
KIP
Free Hip
Kip
Squat on
Kip
Free Hip
Flyaway
Note: I have my cast handstand, so all my casts are above horizontal and I almost have my giant but I'm worried about connecting it to a flyaway and form deductions. I also could have a bail if I decided to work on it again

Beam:
B skills: jump 3/4, split leap (180 degrees), tuck 1/2, back handspring
Acro series: bwalk, bwalk
Dismount: Front Tuck
Special reqs: Full turn, Straight jump, tuck jump combo, back handspring

Floor:
B skills: cat full, switch split leap, Shushunova, 1 1/2 turn
Special reqs: RO BH B layout, Front handspring Front Tuck, 1 1/2 turn

im quites sure all these meet the requirments.but you might want to ask one of the coaches on here to be 100% sure.i hope you get those giants soon!

Sounds great!
I hope you make your giants soon!
Just a tip, the later you tap the easier it is to go around quickly :)

-Lauren

I have my giants from one cast on a metal strap bar (bare handed)...I just freak out and pike my hips at the last second when my hands aren't strapped in.

To be honest, I actually find it easier to do giants when not strapped in. But I've always liked giants. Here's the pretty much exact steps you'll want to follow to get a good giant:

1) Get a good high cast so that way you can pause at the top and think about your giants
2) When you are moving down, stay in a hollow position. I'd suggest looking at the low bar at this point. Make sure to hollow enough that you don't hit your feet on the low bar.
3) Once your feet pass the low bar you can tap. The later the better.
4) When you tap, don't just open up your hips, open your shoulders to extend the tap to the whole body.
5) Have a good strong tap
6) You should go around rather quickly, and once you are within 10 degrees of handstand I'd shift your hands. On my first giant, I didn't shift at all and didn't make it over. It took me a while to know how to shift without thinking, but after lots of weirdness, it's just a second thought :)
7) If you hold your handstand, don't worry, hold your hollow, and you should be able to save it.
8) Repeat!

These steps should help you get a good giant down. Just remember, PRACTICE! And don't be afraid of giants! They are very fun and easy to bail out of :)

Good luck!

-Lauren

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back