Level 7 state

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Optionals United

Moderator/Gymnast
Coach
Gymnast
I had state recently and thought I would share the results with you :)

I started on vault did what I think was a pretty normal vault for me but the judges thought it was good! 9.425 highest vault score since level 4.hehe

Bars was next. We changed mty bar routine from the last meet from kip, cast hs, clear hip hs, squat on,kip, cast hs, giant, fly away. to kip, squat on,kip, cast hs, clear hip hs, giant, fly away. It was my first time competing this routine so I was already nervous then in warmups i fell on every single clear hip not making it over so i was just hoping to get through a routine. Success. Not as clean as i can do but still a decent routine. 9.275 higherst score in level 7(this is my second year)

Beam. ohhh how i love beam.NOT I hit my beam routine at the first two meets but then fell at the next twwo meets after that. I had a lot of trouble getting my bwo bhs and my coach wasnt going to let me compete bwo bwo again because it is my second year. Once I finnaly got it it was consistent but had a rough patch in the middle of the season. So after falling at the last two meets they started getting more consistent. So i wasnt super nevous but just wanting to stay on. I had a good warmup and then was shaking so bad in my routine. I hit everything and the had this like .1 5 tenth wobble on the pivot turn before my dismount but i stuck it.9.075 not my best.

Last was floor. I wasnt worried about anything just wanted to end strong and finish off my level 7 carrer good becauae there is no way im competing lvl 7 again(my coach said im not and i already have a lot of level 8 skills) nice routine very dramatic. 9.30

my goal for state was just to go out and hit everything and if i did that to get a 37.00aa

Places:
Vault:9.425 3rdT(there was a 3 way tie for third and a 2 way tie for 1st)
Bars:9.275 2nd
Beam:9.075 5th
Floor: 9.30 7T
AA:37.075 2nd(yay!! 1st was a 37.425)
overall a great meet. Now after a gym switch (long story(im still with my coach and teammates but we just went to a different gym)) im ready for some uptraining!!:D

Awesome job!! I'm glad your last meet as a level 7 was a great one! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back