WAG Level 8 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Would doing the double back help at all? I'm thinking perhaps judges will be less harsh on the kip cast handstand. Also, is a cast handstand required? If not could a gymnast even get around doing it? My DD thinks I'm so dumb when I ask her this stuff!
I promise the judges will not be less "harsh" on one skill just because a gymnast is doing XYZ skill elsewhere in the routine. They will judge each element on its own merit.

@cassafrass At Level 10 regionals, though, there are 4 judges and the highest and lowest scores are dropped, so one judge's score may not even count toward a gymnasts posted score at all. I wouldn't depend on the possibility of one judge 'overlooking' anything when constructing a bar routine in upper optionals.

In our experience, having issues with cast handstand and not hitting vertical within the circling elements of a Level 8 routine gave (at best) a high 8/low 9 score. More common were scores in the low to mid 8s, because usually if there are issues with casting, there are issues with lots of other things within a bar routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back