WAG Level 8 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Would doing the double back help at all? I'm thinking perhaps judges will be less harsh on the kip cast handstand. Also, is a cast handstand required? If not could a gymnast even get around doing it? My DD thinks I'm so dumb when I ask her this stuff!
I promise the judges will not be less "harsh" on one skill just because a gymnast is doing XYZ skill elsewhere in the routine. They will judge each element on its own merit.

@cassafrass At Level 10 regionals, though, there are 4 judges and the highest and lowest scores are dropped, so one judge's score may not even count toward a gymnasts posted score at all. I wouldn't depend on the possibility of one judge 'overlooking' anything when constructing a bar routine in upper optionals.

In our experience, having issues with cast handstand and not hitting vertical within the circling elements of a Level 8 routine gave (at best) a high 8/low 9 score. More common were scores in the low to mid 8s, because usually if there are issues with casting, there are issues with lots of other things within a bar routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back